No announcement yet.

Will Z3M rear crossmember fit e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The z3 and e30 T/A (as well as e36 318ti) will physically bolt to each others crossmember's. I have not fiddled with the back of the car again since I bolted the crossmember on. I did buy an e30 crossmember with camber/toe adjusters..

Comment

It looks like you actually bolted it up?

Ericlukas also tried it, and he too said it didn't fit (something about it being 1/4" too wide IIRC)
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

It is still bolted in the car, iirc it seems as though the bushings are wrong, but I didn't try swapping e30 bushings in...

Comment

Bumping this. Anyone know what the difference is between the cross members?

If the bushings are shorter, are they the coronet diameter to fit the E30 crossmember? Could be a source for OEM subframe riser bushings..
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Recalling the dead! (Halloween pun) I’m fitting this up now as well on my 91 sedan… I have a normal z3 rear crossmember (not z3m) and mine bolted right up with same bushing dimensions and all looks promising. I’m just trying to decide on using it and replacing my bushings on the z3 subframe or just knowing it fits and still using the e30 subframe.

Comment

I have a z3 subframe with e30 bushings in an e30 right now.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
              X