fair price to pay for e30 m3 5 lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fair price to pay for e30 m3 5 lug

what is a fair price to pay for a e30 m3 five lug conversion. everything.

~$2500 depending on condition of wear items. Used to be in the $1500 range back about 5 years ago or so. When you say everything, I assume rear subframe and differential, along with front aluminum control arms. Drop and swap install, nothing needed to be sourced. But with used, stock items.

Comment

1000 for backs and 2500 for fronts. w/o subframe and w/o diff
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        1000 for backs and 2500 for fronts. w/o subframe and w/o diff
        1000 for the backs without subframe? you know the hubs are like 120 each new OE, right?
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          1000 for the backs without subframe? you know the hubs are like 120 each new OE, right?
          with calipers, half shafts and trailing arm etc

also $194.00 each
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

the halfshafts and trailing arms are the same.
            cars beep boop

Comment

As is the diff

Comment

good to know. i was told they were different, just checked PN and they match. so it's just hubs and calipers that are different.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

If I were looking to go 5 lug these days, I would probably sleeve the front spindles and go with E28 front wheel bearings/hubs. For the rear go with OEM M3 hubs and calipers. OR if I didn't care about offsets, go with the E36 M stuff and Ti rear.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

$500-$850 if your blessed to stay on southern east coast..... that's probably the only benefit i can see to being on the east car parts and junkyards/ little European museums for German cars are pretty plentiful esp in GA.
                    hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

Comment

^WOW, that sounds like 2003 prices.

Comment

I swapped over to an e30 m3 suspension on my 325 this year. It was around $500 for the rear which included new hubs. I got the calipers/rotors/pads off someone on s14.net. It seems like a lot of users on there go with BBK and want to get rid of their stock brakes. Took all of about 30 minutes to get a PM on the rear calipers.

The fronts on the other hand I happened to get lucky. Someone relatively local was selling a suspension for $1200 with a bent front strut down near the knuckle. I bought it which included front struts, front and rear calipers, and rotors/pads. I got the bent front relatively fixed (put back to almost stock direction) and reinforced so it wouldn't happen again.

The main problem with the suspension is finding the front struts. They're slowly being unicorn parts and people who have spares only want to let them go for a high price. I'd keep an eye out on ebay and s14.net for sets. Hell, I bought a bent strut off ebay a few months ago for $250. It ended up not being bent and is now a spare.

When you do find the front struts I would reinforce them ASAP so that you don't have to worry about them becoming bent due to lack of reinforcement at the base.

Good luck!
                        1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                        1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                        1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                        E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

pay whatever it takes to beat the next guy, theres always someone looking for m3 suspension...always

Comment

Working...
                          X