Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

318ti 5 lug Swap Direct fitment for e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30mpg View Post
    here's mine with 96+ front and Ti rear sitting on e36 race springs, but will be changing it out for e30 sport springs soon.

did everything including new rotors/pads/ball joints and bushing, everything else is nused/reconditions. under $500, just have to look around and collect pieces and if you have a yard or look on e36 forums for part out. gl

drives beautiful, i recommended going with the m3 swaybar mount instead of the regular, make it feel you have a stiffer bar.

running Ronals 16x7.5 square with 205/40/16

I just wanted to add, there are many quality kits from engineers/members on here and if i have the money i would of gone the bracket setup for the front and e30 m3 bearing/hub rear. But i happy with this budget setup.
    That's perfect stance, what offset are those 7.5" Ronals?

I have E38 style-15 16x7.5 on 225/45/16 in the basement but haven't decided what 5-lug to do in the rear (no adapters) so your offset is a great reference for me...

Adapters IMO are only good when the wheel is +38mm offset or more, anything less then sticks out and crappy steering arc sweep = twitchy handling

QUesTion: Has anyone established the track difference between an E30 vs. E36 M3/318ti set-ups? How much more do the wheels stick out?

cheers
    Last edited by franky2fingaz; 11-27-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

IronFreak: Your car looks good man, If you roll the fenders alot it should fit flush under the wheel better? I tried the z3 arms at first and it was sticking out 2.5" more on both side. This setup would be awesome for a really wide rear track, but i wanted to keep mine square as much as possible with wide tires all 4 cornes.

Franky:
      The Ronals are e36 offset i believe et36 if i remember right. I think if you use the e30 m3 hub in the rear it will keep the same e30 offset.

Comment

Working...
      X