Z4 M front struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z4 M front struts

Has anyone done a 5 lug swap using E85 M roadster/coupe front struts? they use the E36 spindle attachment setup, and apparently are shorter than standard e36 strut housings. Sounds perfect for an E30.. But they are quite expensive and hard to come by, as compared to normal e36 stuff.. so Im worried that Ill buy a set to "try it" and they wont work out.. and ill be out some cash

I've always been more interested in seeing a Z4M spindle/knuckle next to an E36 one.

Curious to see if they tweaked any of the geometry since they used it on E36, possibly roll-centre, camber, track width.
    292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

it says they fit the E90 328i which are dime a dozen. Surely you can find a used set from a PnP to try out?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        it says they fit the E90 328i which are dime a dozen. Surely you can find a used set from a PnP to try out?

I dont know where they are coming up with that info, but the E90 never used the 3 point spindle attachment like an E36 M3/MZ3/MZ4.
        There are SO many incorrect listings for front struts actually, when you start looking into MZ4 front struts. A lot of sellers list the normal Z4 struts and say they will fit the M engine cars too, but they are wrong

Comment

... Also, Does anyone know if the Mz4 spring diameter at the strut perch is the same as MZ3? I have a set of stock springs for an M roadster that I want to use on my E30. The GC kit I put together a few years ago is starting to fall apart from street use, And I figured id put a more streetable setup in there for now.
          I have some Mz3 front strut housings. One set is blown out, the other is a left side thats got a different length shaft than the right side, even though when I run the part numbers, they both show up for M roadster/coupe.

Comment

Working...
          X