Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver E30 Sedan w/ M50...Practicality of 5 Lug Swap?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    The Porsche 944 booster is probably a better choice. It's larger than the E21 booster but slightly smaller than the original booster. But it bolts up (just need to shorten shaft and rethread) and you can keep your stock master cylinder.


    Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
    info@omgmotorworks.com

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      The Porsche 944 booster is probably a better choice. It's larger than the E21 booster but slightly smaller than the original booster. But it bolts up (just need to shorten shaft and rethread) and you can keep your stock master cylinder.
      Have you used it? How does a different booster change the pedal feel?

      Comment


        #18
        That's all we use nowadays when we build a 24v swap. Pedal feel is similar to stock.


        Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
        info@omgmotorworks.com

        Comment


          #19
          OK Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Happen to have a part number or model year (NA or Turbo) to get for the 944 booster?

          Comment


            #20
            I used an Audi booster and MC. I just ran a search to see which one I bought years ago when I did my swap, of course now there's a thread/how-to on the conversion! Didn't exist when I did mine...

            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=275883
            Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

            Comment


              #21
              If you want to keep 100% stock, then dont do 5 lug

              Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
              [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              Transaction Feedback

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by ngampleh View Post
                If you want to keep 100% stock, then dont do 5 lug

                Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
                Yeah already made that decision. It's not worth the effort or money IMO.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by CMG View Post
                  Yeah already made that decision. It's not worth the effort or money IMO.
                  Nice...
                  [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  Transaction Feedback

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X