Discussion- 5-Lug swap vs. "Massive Brake" upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Thanks alot!

One thing I just noticed on the massive site was that those are only the FRONT brakes. I would still need a solution for the rear.

Mr Deagles kit is looking better by the minute
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

When people go to 5 lug for wheel choices they are usually talking big buck wheels. It's pointless to go 5 lug for aftermarket wheels. The total cost can be $3500 for the 5 lug swap and BBS's. That will buy most E30's. 5 lug, big brakes, and BBS's - $5K. If you think it's worth it it is. If you don't it ain't. If you just want bigger brakes stay 4 lug. The E30 bearings aren't failing on race tracks all over the country in Spec E30 and they get pushed to the max.

Comment

yeah id like to know more about the strenght of the e30 bearings

Comment

its nothing about strength, its 4 lug vs 5 lug....im making my 5 lug so i can run cheap oem bmw wheels

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is View Post
            When people go to 5 lug for wheel choices they are usually talking big buck wheels. It's pointless to go 5 lug for aftermarket wheels. The total cost can be $3500 for the 5 lug swap and BBS's. That will buy most E30's. 5 lug, big brakes, and BBS's - $5K. If you think it's worth it it is. If you don't it ain't. If you just want bigger brakes stay 4 lug. The E30 bearings aren't failing on race tracks all over the country in Spec E30 and they get pushed to the max.

true, but i'm going to be using this car until 2011 for the nurburgring. if you haven't driven on the ring, you don't really understand how abusive that place is for car's. I want to build something right the first time, so i always have a car for a few laps in the evening to relieve stress, or all weekend long.

right now i'm thinking of swapping in the M50 that i just aquired from a 525, for a bit of a power bump, and a huge reliability increase, and for suspension i'm thinking

E30 M3 KW V3 coil overs
            E30 M3 front hubs
            massive 6 piston kit front
            massive 4 piston kit rear
            E30 M3 rear flanges pressed in, or E28 rear subframe, i gotta do some junk yard research on that one
            17x9 et10 ATS wheels with 245/40/17 rubber

If i do the E28 rear end, i can run 750 rear brakes, and that should match the massive kit up front quite nicely. or i could put my M5 brakes on E28 subframe, and put 750 rear brakes on the M5 to match my 4 piston ate's that are on the front now.... hmmm.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
            X