X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you did there........lol
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
      Back to your original question Diego.

IIRC the offset difference is ~18mm.

ie. using the Ti trailing arms you use say 17x8" et38 wheels, with the E30 M3, E36 M Coupe and E28 trailing arms you need et20 wheels for them to be in the same place, et38's still fit but sit further inwards.
      Perfect! Just the info I needed. E28 trailing arms with drive flanges can be fitted with out problems right? Just like the Ti units? How about the brakes for the e28 in the rear? Are better than the tiny/joke brakes of the Ti? This is unless I can't get the e30 M3 traling arms complete or part of them.
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
        Perfect! Just the info I needed. E28 trailing arms with drive flanges can be fitted with out problems right? Just like the Ti units? How about the brakes for the e28 in the rear? Are better than the tiny/joke brakes of the Ti? This is unless I can't get the e30 M3 traling arms complete or part of them.
        Not quite that easy, I have seen the E28 flanges installed on E30 TA's BUT it was a lot of custom work to get the rotors on & the wheels spaced correctly (IIRC the parking brake is also no longer functional).

What I was mainly referring to, is running a complete E28 backend (like I am) and the resulting offset difference.

The rotor diameter difference between the E30 M3 & the Ti stuff isn't huge, and both are bigger the the E30!!

If you can't get the E30 M3 stuff then you are stuck with the Ti stuff you have if you want to keep things "Bolt-in".
        292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

A lot of people also use the Z3 rear trailing arms. I believe the geometry is the same as the 318ti - but the brakes are slightly larger.

If you really want an upgrade - seek out of set of ZM coupe trailing arms. Not sure that they are any easier to find than the e30 M3 stuff, but the brakes are larger and the arms themselves are reinforced with a welded in "A" as well as support tabs for toe/camber.

1987 325i Cabrio - SOLD
          2014 Chevy Volt
          2007 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Good info! Thanks guys. The Z M coupe trailing arms aren't available over here, probably 1 or 2 of those cars are runing in my country not more.

-Diego
            Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
              Back to your original question Diego.

IIRC the offset difference is ~18mm.

ie. using the Ti trailing arms you use say 17x8" et38 wheels, with the E30 M3, E36 M Coupe and E28 trailing arms you need et20 wheels for them to be in the same place, et38's still fit but sit further inwards.
              The Rondell 58 16x7.5 or even better (if I find it) 16x8 rims looks pretty close to my OEM rim. I would liek to get two rims for the back, it can look staggered if I get the e30 m4 stuff int he back. Now these wheels are ET15 (oofset). You say I will need Et20....it wills tick that much out of the fender with Et15? What do you think?

What I'm looking is two things mainly, ONE, get wheels with lip for the back and TWO, wider if possible.

Actual rim in my car

Comment

The Rondell 58 16x7.5 or even better (if I find it) 16x8 rims looks pretty close to my OEM rim. I would liek to get two rims for the back, it can look staggered if I get the e30 m4 stuff int he back. Now these wheels are ET15 (oofset). You say I will need Et20....it wills tick that much out of the fender with Et15? What do you think?

What I'm looking is two things mainly, ONE, get wheels with lip for the back and TWO, wider if possible.

Actual rim in my car
                There is no way to say for sure unless you try it.

I do know on MY pre-facelift ('85) with the Ti trailing arms I ran 17x8" et38 wheels with 245/40's and rolled (not pulled) rear fenders and it did not rub.

As stated above the width difference to the M3/M Coupe/E28 is ~18mm (each side), so in theory the same wheel & tyre in a et20 offset "should" be exactly the same.

I have a set of 17x8" et15 with the exact same tyres mentioned above and the rear fenders needed to be pulled to not rub, something like a 225/45 probably would have fitted fine.

SO, it really depends on how it ends up Diego, different brand tyres run different widths, you have a facelift E30 with lower arches, ~18mm could be 17 or 19, etc...
                292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Gotcha! Thanks for the input. Will let ya know how it goes.

-Diego

Comment

Working...
                  X