Fabricators for 5 lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
    Yes but unless you have the group A control arms you won't ever get the wheel centered exactly like you would with e30 or e36 m3 parts.
    I concur! Although a friend of mine bought an e30 that had a custom made rear control arm mount with a rod end which seemed to sort the issue out.

BTW, there is a guy here in SA who is busy working on makin a 5x120 hub for regular struts. I have also come up with a solution similar to Turbo Browns where he used the e36 stub axle/ king pin. I just made a new one.

Comment

What is a Group A control arm? and technically you could use non-m struts and bolt M spindles to them with the m brakes.. i went from standard e36 spindles to M3 spindles and it seemed to center the wheels better but this is just assumption.. i never measured anything

Comment

Group A / DTM e30 M3 control arm is a tubular control arm that is camber, toe and track width adjustable.

Comment

Yup, those control arms are amazing, and in person are true works of art...

BUT they're designed for racetracks and should NEVER be used on the street. There's a reason factory forges their stock wishbones for you and puts sealed ball-joints on with dust caps and grease. So get that idea out of your head, unless you're racing. And if you were racing, you'd be getting e36 m3 spindles and brakes.

Comment

Just use e30 M3 stuff the cost would be about the same

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
              Porsche ran on this same bearings with incredibly stupid power output for years. What's wrong with e30 bearings?

Now 318ti trailing arms have wimpy bearings. SO in a way, you're downgrading bearing for an extra lug.
              The rear wheel bearings are fine. It's the front bearings that suck. With wide tires and extreme cornering loads they only last one season at best.

Comment

Working...
              X