Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabricators for 5 lug

This is a pretty basic question.
    Are any of the fabricators on this site considering or in the process of just creating a 5 lug hub for an E30. Am I just oversimplifing this?
    There is so much interested in these cars and doing the e36 swap is extremely expensive considering your using used parts.
    1989 Cirrus Blau coupe Racing Dynamics wheels and a Volvo Spoiler.

Yes you are over oversimplifing this...

:up:

Comment

Have there not been like 10 of these threads this year so far?

Comment

Originally posted by 330SMG View Post
        This is a pretty basic question.

Are any of the fabricators on this site considering or in the process of just creating a 5 lug hub for an E30. Am I just oversimplifing this?

There is so much interested in these cars and doing the e36 swap is extremely expensive considering your using used parts.

Okay here is the thing...

Yes we can suss out and build a safe and functional 5X120mm lug hub (and all the supporting components) to replace the 4X100mm on e30's...

The only problem is...

You all won't be willing or able to pay what it would cost.

Just use e30 M3 stuff the cost would be about the same.

Comment

and you'll still have weak e30 wheel bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
            and you'll still have weak e30 wheel bearings.
            Porsche ran on this same bearings with incredibly stupid power output for years. What's wrong with e30 bearings?

Now 318ti trailing arms have wimpy bearings. SO in a way, you're downgrading bearing for an extra lug.

Used e36 stuff are cheap as hell, why is there complaining. You don't have to use m3 parts, and junk yards are being flooded by e36s now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Aptyp;1386075]Porsche ran on this same bearings with incredibly stupid power output for years. What's wrong with e30 bearings?
              QUOTE]

was that for the front or rear bearings?

i am wondering if there is a front wheel bearing that is the same size and fitment as our e30's but in a 5x130 bolt pattern, that would allow us to run porsche wheels in the front (adapters in the rear)...

Comment

rear
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

It's not the bearing, it's the hub that matters.

Comment

Fixing the camber curve is nice also

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

how big of big brakes to people install on their e30's? Maybe there is a way to make spacers for larger bearings and 5 lug hubs for e30. I'll have to look into that as well. Spacing would probably be most of the issue.

What other caliper carriers bolt up to e30 strut housings? Or are at least close. I'd be willing to spend a few hours at a machine shop playing around with this, if anyone has solid ideas.

Comment

is it possible to use the front steering rack and front suspension from a ti for a 5 lug swap in an e30. i read you can use the rear trailing arms for the back conversion but i am at a stand still for converting the front without haveing to use e36 m3 front suspension and cant find or should i say cant afford an e30 5 lug suspension

Comment

you don't want to do that. ti front brakes aren't even vented. It would downgrade your bearing and at the same time not line up properly. Best option is to use e36 m3 parts...

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                            Best option is to use e36 m3 parts...
                            CAN someone use standard e36 325i fronts if they're not too worried about the brakes?

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
                            sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Originally posted by Red88 View Post
                              CAN someone use standard e36 325i fronts if they're not too worried about the brakes?
                              Yes but unless you have the group A control arms you won't ever get the wheel centered exactly like you would with e30 or e36 m3 parts.
                              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Working...
                              X