X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _Keith_
    replied
    Well I picked up a 98 ti as a parts car.

So I'm planning on the following.

Front
    97 M3 front hubs, struts and control arms with offset lcabs.

Rear
    318ti complete rear assembly and brake system.
    -will upgrade to something a bit bigger down the road.

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Here is what I plan to do with the info I have gathered over hours of research on this site:

FRONT:
    '97 E36 M3 spindles, wheel bearings, hubs, calipers, rotors *315x28*, and ABS sensors
    '97 E36 M3 control arms
    '97 IE Delrin offset control arm bushings
    E36 M3 Bilstein sport strut
    E30 325i specific H&R springs
    E30 325i top hats

REAR:

E30 325i trailing arms
    E30 325i Bilstein sport shocks
    E30 M3 hubs and wheel bearings
    E46 325i rotors *294x19*
    E39 528i calipers and carrier (with Rongineer's custom brackets if he will do just brackets)

From my research it seems that this setup will allow me to run a staggered wheel set with E36/E46 front fitment and something like an et20 in the rear. This also provides a big upgrade to braking performance and shouldn't be too far off from a full E36 M3 brake setup with the exception of a slightly smaller rear setup. Also considering swapping the master cylinder to the larger E36 M3 unit to keep up with the new brakes.

If anyone has any thoughts on the above please post up!

Leave a comment:

• _Keith_
    replied
    Be nice if one post had all this info. Sounds like this site that's now gone had it.

Leave a comment:

• bavarianbrawler
    replied
    Great thread. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    that's not really true, but maybe you didn't like the way the ones that are available look. :p

Leave a comment:

• blusylver
    replied
    I did it because I needed wide wheels and thereally isn't much available in 4 lug.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    you don't. it's basically done for looks.

Leave a comment:

• feef
    replied
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post so excuse me if this is in the wrong section.

As far as hp and torque, what are the limitations of the stock 4-lug setup? At what point with a built motor would I need to do a 5-lug conversion? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• roznic
    replied
    Aptyp,
    Question about ABS!!
    The last thing I need to connect before mounting the wheels. I got late model e30, e36 m3 FRONT and 318ti REAR. Can I use e30 sensors or I must use e36 ones for ABS to function properly? I did space out the e30 ones for the rear and looks like the front ones do fit without touching the hub??
    Thx in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    rears yes, front no

Leave a comment:

• idanity
    replied
    could these just be pushed on to all 4 hubs ?
    keeping our struts and trailing arms intact ?

and the rears

Last edited by idanity; 10-05-2013, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Site is back up. I apologize for all the PMs and e-mails that went unanswered.

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    Plus you have to add the cost of e36 hubs. I'm surprised you did not just weld up and redrill your 4 lug hubs since you have access to all the equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    great job Dthree.

You replicated the e30 m3 hub with a spacer. As long as these spacers are much cheaper than e30 m3 hubs, this would be a good way to go

Leave a comment:

• dthree
    replied
    I got it all together. Here are a few pictures. This should allow me to go back to the et20 wheels in 15x8. I wasn't able to get the parking brake to fit, but this is for a track only car, so it is not that big of a deal. I believe this places the wheel mounting face in the same location that the e30 M3 hub would.

It really would be nice if there was another hub that had the same offset between the bearing mounting face and the wheel mounting face. It needs to be 31mm to fit the e36 rear rotors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0833 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	7153848
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0834 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	7153849

Leave a comment:

Working...