Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 15" E30 M3 wheels fit E36 5 lug with non-M brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 15" E30 M3 wheels fit E36 5 lug with non-M brakes?

They're ET30. I like the BBS cross spoke design. There are RZ 437s that are ET37, but they appear to be quite rare. There are also some RGs, but those look rare too. Is there another BBS cross spoke that isn't super rare that will fit?
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Yes.
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
      Yes.
      Okay thanks. No rubbing on the rear? Would it be better to use E30 M3 rear hubs and brakes than Z3 1.9 or does it not make much difference?

Does anyone have a photo of this setup?

Comment

If you run E30 M3 rear parts with E36 front parts, the offsets will be wonky - the front will poke more than the rear, particularly when running a lower offset wheel.

My suggestion would be to run all E30 M3 parts, but the cost is significantly higher than it used to be, so there's that.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
          If you run E30 M3 rear parts with E36 front parts, the offsets will be wonky - the front will poke more than the rear, particularly when running a lower offset wheel.

My suggestion would be to run all E30 M3 parts, but the cost is significantly higher than it used to be, so there's that.
          Okay, but yeah E30 M3 parts are expensive and I have most of the E36 stuff already. I read the Z3 hubs are about 7mm farther out than E30 hubs, so that would make running an ET30 wheel like an ET23. Is that right? So wouldn't the M3 wheels be okay with Z3 rears?

Comment

You would need to pair E36 front parts with Z3 1.9 parts to get a more desirable wheel offset, yes.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
            X