Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRT fixed camber plates?

Hey guys,

Looking to pick up a set of the RRT fixed camber plates in the next few days, seen here at: http://www.roadracetech.com/performa...on/rrt_e30.asp. I'm most likely going with the -2.0 varient.

Anyone running/run these? What's the build quality like, how much of a PITA were they to install? I'm looking at fixed rather than adjustable because I don't have the time, tools or talent to properly set them, and this car does not see a lot of street usage.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Just an observation here Charlie...

I haven't run these....nor do I know anyone who has. However, looking at the image of the item in question, I can't imagine it being anymore difficult to install than adjustable camber plates. Its got that one wrench "thingy" identifying it as of the more easier upgrades....so it can be too bad.

As far as product quality, since its a fixed plate design, fewer/no moving parts would certainly make it more trouble-free than adjustables. If there's enough "meat" around the bolts where every attaches to its got to be a pretty tough product.

Does RRT participate in club racing events? Track time development would definately serve as a good test bed.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
      Does RRT participate in club racing events? Track time development would definately serve as a good test bed.

Jon
      Yea, RRT is Barry Battle's shop, formerly the other half of Bimmerworld. They prepare a number of club racing cars as well as campaigning their own spec e30.

-Charlie
      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
      FYYFF

Comment

Working...
      X