Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best camber plates for someone on a budget....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best camber plates for someone on a budget....

Originally posted by Charlie
    Originally posted by Brew
    Originally posted by Brew
    BMW OEM crash mounts. You can flip them to gain postive camber.
    -Charlie
    Anybody have a part #?

TIA
    I can't dig up a part number on the ETK for the offset mount. However, shops like Bimmerworld carry them, and I'm sure if you walked up to the dealer and asked for "offset strut top, aka crash mounts", they'd know what you were asking for.

-Charlie
    Yeah, I couldn't find it on the ETK. I'll most likely go to the dealer.

Approx. price?
    Bimmerworld asks 89/piece for them. I'd give BMA or a place like that a call, see if they stock it as well.

-Charlie
    Yikes, at that price I'll just spend the extra few bucks and pick up some adjustable ones.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

I installed the IE camber plates 2 weeks ago. No complaints except that they will raise the front suspension by about 1/4 inch. Right now I have the camber set to factory, but when I first installed them I set them to max neg camber (~1.25 I believe) and the turn in was frickin' amazin'. That is with eyball arms, H+R springs and bilsteins. I like them because you can use the stock mounts, but you have to knock out the studs on the mounts to get them to work with the plates.

Comment

die grinder and a pattern makes nice mounts too ;)

those holes are askin to be slotted

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmann
          die grinder and a pattern makes nice mounts too ;)

those holes are askin to be slotted
          I have done alignments and that is bullsh*t I have seen some mechanics make some weird ass all over the place slots that go from J shaped the S shaped. when it comes to my car I will save and give some real adj. ones a shot.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
          X