No announcement yet.

Eibach sways and treehouse bushings install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, when I do new CAs, i'm just going to leave the old bushings on and throw them out with the old CAs.

Comment

is there a easy way to get the Control arm bushings off of the control arm itself?

Even though I have the Treehouse CABs, it's not budging off from the Control arm.

thx
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
        is there a easy way to get the Control arm bushings off of the control arm itself?

Even though I have the Treehouse CABs, it's not budging off from the Control arm.

thx
        W/O the special $400 tool to take them off, there is pretty much no fuckin' way you're going to have enough leverage to pull them off the ends while the CAs are still on the car.

But there is another way :!:

Take the blade off of a hack saw, and thread it through one of the holes in the bushing. Proceed to cut around the end of the control arm until the bushing bracket (and some of the bushing with it) comes off. Now you're left with just the small ring of the old bushing around the end of the CA. Next take a dremel with a cutting blade and cut that shit off.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
          Originally posted by royalflush313

thx
          W/O the special $400 tool to take them off, there is pretty much no fuckin' way you're going to have enough leverage to pull them off the ends while the CAs are still on the car.

But there is another way :!:

Take the blade off of a hack saw, and thread it through one of the holes in the bushing. Proceed to cut around the end of the control arm until the bushing bracket (and some of the bushing with it) comes off. Now you're left with just the small ring of the old bushing around the end of the CA. Next take a dremel with a cutting blade and cut that shit off.
          sounds like a good idea. But I was talking about getting the Treehouse CABs off.

All the other guys seem to be able to just pop it right now. Mine on the other hand, it's just not budging. I actually managed to take one of them off, but my driver's side one is stuck on pretty good.
          ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

You're replacing your control arms or something?
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
              You're replacing your control arms or something?
              well actually, my Treehouse CABs were already on the car. It had been on for a good week or two, then I noticed that they were really really rusty.
              So I decided to take it off and re-paint it.

I actually got it off just now, and polished it to a nice shine, and sprayed it with a nice clear. This time, I think it's gonna be okay.

*sorry for jacking the thread*
              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
              X