Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension?

I changed my oil today and noticed a blown front strut, the previous owner chose to install Tokico blues, yeah I know they're junk, now I really know, what do you recommend I go with now?

Your car is a track ho right? I'd go Koni adjustables. Otherwise if you feel your springs aren't up to it, I'd go Bilstein Sports.
    -Ted

Comment

Nah, daily driven beater on Eibach's.

Comment

Ahh, I'd go with Bilstein Sports then. Not as harsh as the Koni's.
        -Ted

Comment

konis are adjustable.... you have have them be stiff or soft...
          if you plan on getting different springs you can have bilsteins revalved for the new springs... or with the koni's you can turn a nob

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

konis only have rebound adjustment. it doesn't affect compression stiffness at all.. for your springs (which are pretty soft), bilstiens are fine and will work well on a street driven car. plus they're cheaper.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Where can I get Bilsteins cheap? I saw them for $379/set at shox.com, any other places I can check?

Comment

i believe shox.com has the best prices new, but you might want to check out ebay. ive seen a brand new set on there for about 275. im not sure if you still get the life time warranty if you buy them off ebay though...

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                  konis only have rebound adjustment. it doesn't affect compression stiffness at all.. for your springs (which are pretty soft), bilstiens are fine and will work well on a street driven car. plus they're cheaper.
                  adjusting the rebound is still a good way to help balance the car, and it does make a very noticeable difference in stiffness. also, konis on full soft feel exactly like stock shocks imo, so its very subjective to say konis are stiffer. but i agree that bilsteins would be ok for street car

Comment

Originally posted by JonG
                    i believe shox.com has the best prices new, but you might want to check out ebay. ive seen a brand new set on there for about 275. im not sure if you still get the life time warranty if you buy them off ebay though...
                    damn thats cheap.

Has anyone actually bought Bilstein sports off eBay? Did you get lifetime warranty with it?
                    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

my bro bought a used set of konisof of ebay and 2 wear blown so the guy let him keep his money and the shocks, Im not sure which ones they are. They are red i beleive. If you look into revalving and are interested hit me up with a pm, ill probably just give em to you.
                      90 325is
                      IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with Bilstein Sports, they're cheaper than the Koni's($535) and I don't plan on tracking the car any time soon.I

Comment

Working...
                        X