No announcement yet.

another suspension question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. It doesn't matter what the rate is, the price is the same.
    2. Koni Sport = Koni SA for the E30.
    3. Koni SA's with the GC sleeve kit is what we have been talking about the entire time.

Comment

so i should get some koni sa's then get the sleeve coilovesr that you use your old strut and shocks with... and ask em for custom spring rates???

Comment

Yes, they just use standard Koni SA shocks. Doesn't matter where you get them from.

The sleeve kit is just the springs and perch, and you tell them what rates you want when you call them and order. All GC stuff is custom, techincally.

Comment

lol what rates you think would be ideal??? and what mm rebound should i get for the koni shocks? just 2 be sure your talkign about the coilovers that cost 400 right?

Comment

Call up Ground Control and ask what rates they recommend. It's their job, and they do it better than the people on this board can :P

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
              lol what rates you think would be ideal??? and what mm rebound should i get for the koni shocks? just 2 be sure your talkign about the coilovers that cost 400 right?
              mm rebound? WTF are you talking about? Yes, the $399 set.

Comment

like mystikal said, GC uses standard Koni SA dampers (although i beleive they come with top adjustable rears, which you cant get anywhere else). however, i always thought koni SA meant "sport adjustable" since the rebound is 3-way adjustable. you really dont need to put anymore thought in concerning the dampers if youve decided on the konis

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20
                  like mystikal said, GC uses standard Koni SA dampers (although i beleive they come with top adjustable rears, which you cant get anywhere else). however, i always thought koni SA meant "sport adjustable" since the rebound is 3-way adjustable. you really dont need to put anymore thought in concerning the dampers if youve decided on the konis
                  GC does have available the top adjustable rears, but they cost an extra $100 or something like that. Unless you ask for them specifically, you won't get them.

And yeah, I'm sure it is single adjustable. Single meaning just the rebound can be changed (bound is fixed).

Comment

Mystikal is right, SA stands for Single Adjustable, since only the rebound is adjustable. Double adjustables can change rebound AND compression.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

i would highly suggest you take a ride in a car with ground controls before you jump right into it.

everyone is different, and what is harsh and untolerable to one person, may be fine to another person.

also take into mind the roads that you travel on. if they are bad, you will quickly find the ride of ground controls taxing if its part of your daily commute, unless you are that hardcore.

same goes for highway driving. you hit certain uneven pavement for a long stretch and you are literally bouncing up and down in your seat. and in general, a little head nod becomes common on most any commute.

i bought ground controls off a guy that couldn't take driving them for more then a few days! i can't express enough, **ground controls are not for everyone**, don't dump a grand in suspension just to realize its not for you.

if i had to blindly recommend a suspension setup... it would not be ground control. for the most part, i consider it overkill, and streetability can be a big concern.

Comment

For once, someone admits it. GC's ride hardcore, but the handling may be worth it to you. If I wasn't auto-xing my car and didn't have track plans, I probably would be regretting my choice.

Comment

Yes, ground control may not be for everybody. But then again I dont expect my car to ride like a Cadilac. I can stand hard bumps every once in a while. Even with stock suspension, I still would get the same sounds/rattles that I get with my current setup.

Maybe its just the roads I drive on.

Aaron
                          2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

down here in sfl the roads are awsome most of the time... i was reading that we where liek in the top 10 best roads of america... but yeah of course im gonna be boucing up and down the street becuase im gonna have it soft and the car is gonna be off the floor.... but as long as it can get hard @ teh track i really dont mind..... and for the koni sa's ill be able to adjust em in the front, but not in the back????? i need 2 pay 100 dollars more 2 be able 2 adjust em in the back???? i thought only m3's needed custom fabrication in the back to be able to adjust them....

Comment

down here in sfl the roads are awsome most of the time... i was reading that we where liek in the top 10 best roads of america... but yeah of course im gonna be boucing up and down the street becuase im gonna have it soft and the car is gonna be off the floor.... but as long as it can get hard @ teh track i really dont mind..... and for the koni sa's ill be able to adjust em in the front, but not in the back????? i need 2 pay 100 dollars more 2 be able 2 adjust em in the back???? i thought only m3's needed custom fabrication in the back to be able to adjust them....
                              huh? no matter what you do w/ the shocks, the shit's gunna bounce like no other over bumps, simply due to the stiff springs.

Comment

well then i guess thats something im gonna have 2 deal with.... i thank u guys for all the help and the info.... i mean on other bimmer forums people that own e30's ( unless its a m3 ) dont get any attention... thanks again 4 all the info..

Comment

Working...
                                X