Lowering Suspension on '92 325ic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Suspension on '92 325ic

I have a 92 325ic with stock suspension, 15" Ronal LS rims with Bridgestone Turanza LSVs 205/55/15. Like most e30 owners I would like to get rid of the large gap in the front. I'm not really looking for a "sportier" suspension. For how I drive the car in LA streets, the stock suspension is fine. I definetly don't want to go with a stiffer suspension. To that end, it appears that the springs I should be looking at are either the Bav Auto Springs or the H&R OE Sport springs and a set of new OEM Boge shocks. This should get rid of the gap in the front without making the ride that much harder.

However, I'm comfortable with the stance of the rear wheels as is. So my question is, can I just replace the front springs and leave the OEM springs in the rear? This would have the car angling slightly downward in the front, but I like that stance when I see it in other cars. I'd probably replace the rear shocks, upper strut mounts,..... but leave the OEM rear springs. Will this be bad for the drivetrain / transmission?

Thanks for any input.

Jon

I dont see why it would be bad for your drivetrain/tranny. I am not sure what it will do with your handling though. Have you thought about puting in the new rear springs and if you want it a tad higher, double up on the spring pads?

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah, I thought another option would be to put the new rear

Yeah, I thought another option would be to put the new rear springs with the thickest spring pad and use the thinnest pads for the front.

Don't know which option (this or leaving OEM rear springs in) is "best" though.

Thanks

Jon

Comment

I drove mine for a few days with the stock springs/shocks in back & M3/Bilstein Tourings in front. Handling seemed fine & it did look cool angled (slightly) to the front.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
        X