Shimmy up front?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shimmy up front?????

I've just recently noticed a pretty bad shimmy up front that is not noticable until about 40 mph and is less prevelent under acceleration. I checked out all the tie rod ends and the control ball joints to make sure they were tight, seems like they are fine. The shake also goes away when making left turns like on a higher speed exit ramp. I think it is something on the driver's side if that makes a difference. I know for sure it's not a bent wheel too because I just had new tires mounted and balanced and the shake was there before and after. Tire guy reported that all wheels were straight.

Whats the condition of your brake rotors? Whats the condition of your control arm bushings?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Rotors are fine, but the bushings could be starting to go. Can CA bushing be repressed on or are new CA's the better option?

Comment

You can put new bushings on the arms. Get M3 offset bushings, they're like $75.

Disconnect two 17mm bolts holding CAB bracket on.
        Get bushing off arm (gear puller, or cut the rubber, whatever).
        Take it to a shop to have old bushings pressed out of the brackets and new ones in (make sure they're aligned correctly).
        Use lots of warm soapy water and have fun getting the new bushing onto the arm, it's real tight.
        Put the car back on the ground and let it sit for a period (I try to wait a day).

Comment

maybe bad wheel bearing........do you hear any grinding noise?

Comment

Working...
          X