Desert e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desert e30

Hi folks! It has been a few years since I have been active on the forums, but I still have my e30! I am going on ten years of ownership. Some changes recently moved me into the desert of Southern California onto a dirt road, and my e30 is in storage.

I am looking for recommendations for a more suitable suspension setup. Going back to stock doesn't sound like any fun. My current setup is Ireland Engineering stage 3 springs and Bilsteins, with one twist, is that i added aluminum e30 m3 front lower control arms, because unsprung weight. Also have fixed 1.5 degree camber plates. I know my engine is in front, and an e30 is not a 911, but the safari 911 builds have me just itching to get my e30 prepped for life in the desert.
    -Doug

Are you looking to lift the car or just want something that can comfortably handle dirt/washboard roads?

Comment

I want to lift it, not so I can jump it or abuse it horrendously, but just enough so I don't have to crawl over ruts and such.
      -Doug

Comment

I plan on e46 vert rear springs, e34 v8 fronts, billie HD struts and shocks. That's about as much lift as you can get from stock stuff. E32 front springs work too but e34 540i and e46 vert are like the same exact weight and weight distribution so I figured it'd be equal. Once I get them on I'll decide what to do about front springs to get the tuck, or lack there of even.
        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Love the Idea. Contact Ireland engineering they can get you custom spring lengths and rates. All Terrains too?

Comment

Working...
          X