5lug swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5lug swap

Hey! I hope everybody has had a great week, I have a couple of issues I need help with,
    I just did a 5 lug swap and after I finished installing the front suspension (bought used locally). According to the person I bought it from, it came from E36 M3. To fix the caster, I bought SRS E30 5 Lug Front Conversion Kit. It fixed the driver side and centered the wheel, but it did not fix the passenger side. The wheel was too far forward. So I used the garagistic solid lollipop, and that put the wheel not quite in the center but slightly toward the back. I don’t know what it going on. I even switched the E30 control arm with E36 M3 - that did not help. So I went back to the E30 original control arm, but still did not fix the issue.
    The second issue - the hole where the tie rods connect to the knuckles are too big. I measured the screws off of another E30 set of tie rods, and E36 tie rods - both were the same size. But the hole is too big. I am wondering why? And if there is any fix for this? I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Has the fender on that side been replaced?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Original fender, I bought a new knuckles and I'll install them tomorrow and will see if there issue from the knuckles or the car wants to stay 4lug 😂

Comment

Working...
      X