CAtuned AP Racing BBK front & rear - wheel fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAtuned AP Racing BBK front & rear - wheel fitment

I just got a 318is and already had a built S54 ready to swap before I even bought the car. I plan to do a complete overhaul of the car after I am done with my LSB E46 M3.

I’ve been lurking this forum for a while, reading differents thread to try to build a nice & fast E30. I initially was going to do the 5-lugs conversion but the more I read about it, I am not sure anymore. I would like to get KW V3 coilovers. Not sure if I get the non-M or M3 version, will depend if I stick 4x100 or switch to 5x120.

I saw those AP Racing front & rear BBK on CAtuned and was wondering if anybody here have them? Would it be enough on track with 285mmx24mm to dissipate heat of an E30 with around 320-330whp?

I plan to do 750 Master cylinder and 944 brake booster swap, Gulf RF800 fluids and good track pads (usually like Performance Friction 11 compound).

In the future, car will see 80% street & 20% track. Maybe more track will see.

Also, on CAtuned it mention that it will need small spacers to clear calipers. What kind of spacers thickness would it need to clear BBS RS 001?

Thanks for your help

Here is the car right now, it’s sitting on HSD coilovers without rear height adjusters under rear springs, it’s low and exhaust line scrape on speed bumps…
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gtfour; 04-27-2023, 03:45 PM.
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril Blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW G01 X3M40i Phytonic Blue/Individual Tartufo​

I didn't know this existed, and it looks really promising. Price seems great.
    Obviously someone else makes the kit but it looks really good. AP calipers are quality, and CATuned usually only deals in good quality stuff.

I wish the fronts had floating rotors. The rear seems to have it as an option.
    Would be nice to know where it comes from, but since it ships from Europe anyway, the shipping might not be as bad.
    Last wish is that it had printable fitment templates like Massive, but those are also potentially lost to the sands of time now that he decided not to rebuild his website.

Since you're already in Montreal, any reason not to use one of Massive's kits?

Also an FYI if you want anything else from CATuned, talk to Delta Park Auto in Brampton. They're the Canadian dealer for CATuned, and the prices work out favorably once you factor shipping in.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      I didn't know this existed, and it looks really promising. Price seems great.
      Obviously someone else makes the kit but it looks really good. AP calipers are quality, and CATuned usually only deals in good quality stuff.

I wish the fronts had floating rotors. The rear seems to have it as an option.
      Would be nice to know where it comes from, but since it ships from Europe anyway, the shipping might not be as bad.
      Last wish is that it had printable fitment templates like Massive, but those are also potentially lost to the sands of time now that he decided not to rebuild his website.

Since you're already in Montreal, any reason not to use one of Massive's kits?

Also an FYI if you want anything else from CATuned, talk to Delta Park Auto in Brampton. They're the Canadian dealer for CATuned, and the prices work out favorably once you factor shipping in.
      Thanks, good to know about Delta Auto Park!

Not a fan of Wilwood. I had a set on a Sti and also on E46 M3 in the past. Try to only buy Brembo or AP Racing now. Also had Stoptech and Performance Friction BBK on E46 M3’s. PFC Z45/Z29 with 01 pads were great until they stopped making Z29 calipers and parts for it…

Comment

Originally posted by Gtfour View Post
        Not a fan of Wilwood.
        Maybe I'm out of the loop, but Massive used to do AP caliper kits, started when wilwood was having issues with quality.
        I just saw that he's away until late June though.

If you do the CATuned kit, please leave some pics/review here!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but Massive used to do AP caliper kits, started when wilwood was having issues with quality.
          I just saw that he's away until late June though.

If you do the CATuned kit, please leave some pics/review here!
          Didn’t even know Lee / Massive was still in business. Last time I heard from him he was selling the E30 M3 shell and the 2002 and was going into motorcycle…

Comment

I ordered from CAtune last year in October for my e30 M car. I ordered 5x120 330x25mm AP Racing kit. I’m still waiting to receive them. I emailed him. They said still waiting on them from UK.
            I asked him on the rear kit when it will be available. He said in the works.
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

The sad state of the BBK space for E30s makes me want to just order up some parts and cobble together my own kit.
              Hell, maybe I'll even find an OTS Wilwood hat that works.

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                I ordered from CAtune last year in October for my e30 M car. I ordered 5x120 330x25mm AP Racing kit. I’m still waiting to receive them. I emailed him. They said still waiting on them from UK.
                I asked him on the rear kit when it will be available. He said in the works.
                From their website:

*This kit comes from Europe so please allow 2-3 weeks to arrive unless otherwise in stock.

Good to know that 2-3 weeks can be over +6 months in reality!!!

Comment

From their website:

*This kit comes from Europe so please allow 2-3 weeks to arrive unless otherwise in stock.

Good to know that 2-3 weeks can be over +6 months in reality!!!
                  I seen guys on R3VLimited on Facebook post picks of CAtune front 4x100 AP Racing brake kit a few months ago.
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post

I seen guys on R3VLimited on Facebook post picks of CAtune front 4x100 AP Racing brake kit a few months ago.
                    Do you know if you can use 16’’ or you will need 17’’ wheels with the E30 M3 5x120 AP Racing BBK?

Comment

Do you know if you can use 16’’ or you will need 17’’ wheels with the E30 M3 5x120 AP Racing BBK?
                      If you plan to use AP Racing 330x25mm brake kit. You will need to use 17” wheel for sure to clear. The rotors think the rotors are 13”.

Comment

I was so excited to find a great deal on an AP Racing brake kit... maybe too excited. And that's how I fell for a scam that cost my almost $4,000. Without an...

Comment

Hello, new here, did you ordered the bbk from catuned?
                          im in the same boat as you, building a 318i with s54 and im desperate looking for a brake setup!! My english is not that good, have been watching the youtube video but cant understand what he really wants to say about big brake kits

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231121_164044.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	10111930

Comment

Originally posted by maxkarmonkey View Post

Hello, new here, did you ordered the bbk from catuned?
                              im in the same boat as you, building a 318i with s54 and im desperate looking for a brake setup!! My english is not that good, have been watching the youtube video but cant understand what he really wants to say about big brake kits
                              Not yet. Still not sure if I go 5x120 or stay 4x100. Been working on my M3’s lately and the 318is is in storage.

Comment

Working...
                              X