E30 Brake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Brake?

how do i make my e30 brake a bit faster with the factory braking system? also i have my ABS working which is not letting the wheels lock.

I'll tell you if you send Fidhle007 shirtless pics.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Your choice of brake pads and tires has a large affect on how quickly you can bring the car to a stop. At one end of the brake performance spectrum you'd have a car with all season tires and low dust pads, at the other end of you could have a car with R compounds and race pads. The former will have little brake performance as compared to the latter.

You don't say, so I don't have a clue as to what's on the car now. If this is a daily driver, a high performance street pad (like Hawk HPS or similar) may be as far as you'd want to go. Hawk HP+, or even race pads, would yield better brake performance, but they are probably too noisy for the street.

Unless there's a problem with premature activation of the ABS system, it is actually pretty good and will give you 85-90% of max possible braking. If the ABS is activating on clean dry surfaces under moderate braking, either it is malfunctioning or your tires have too little grip. With sticky tires you can stand an E30 on its nose before the ABS will kick in.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        Your choice of brake pads and tires has a large affect on how quickly you can bring the car to a stop. At one end of the brake performance spectrum you'd have a car with all season tires and low dust pads, at the other end of you could have a car with R compounds and race pads. The former will have little brake performance as compared to the latter.

You don't say, so I don't have a clue as to what's on the car now. If this is a daily driver, a high performance street pad (like Hawk HPS or similar) may be as far as you'd want to go. Hawk HP+, or even race pads, would yield better brake performance, but they are probably too noisy for the street.

Unless there's a problem with premature activation of the ABS system, it is actually pretty good and will give you 85-90% of max possible braking. If the ABS is activating on clean dry surfaces under moderate braking, either it is malfunctioning or your tires have too little grip. With sticky tires you can stand an E30 on its nose before the ABS will kick in.

yep - I have to be trying *really hard* to get my ABS to kick on.. like purposefully locking them up.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
        X