Poly Bushings - IE or AKG

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • themitchster359
    replied
    Originally posted by whiltebeitel
    Support the Vorshalg guys in Dallas with the engine mounts! ;)
    arent they retarded expensive?

    Leave a comment:


  • whiltebeitel
    replied
    Support the Vorshalg guys in Dallas with the engine mounts! ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • themitchster359
    replied
    im gonna go with a different brand when it come to motor tranny mounts. man, this is a hard decision!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Subframe ones are 95A. They are very stiff, but I am having no issues daily driving it for quite some time now, I haven't taken car to any sporting events since I put them on.


    I have IE motor and trans mounts, they haven't broken yet, but now I am worried.

    Leave a comment:


  • NC325iC
    replied
    i have ie suspension bushings and they seem to be fine

    BUT their trans and likely motor mounts i dont like, they dont clean the urethane froom the threads before they send them to you, ive had 2 of the plates inside the uretane brake loose so ive had to cut the nuts off. just not good imo

    Leave a comment:


  • themitchster359
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    Oh and if you want, I have PowerFlex subframe mounts and diff mount left over. Brand new, in pouches. I was planning to put it up for sale soon. $140 plus shipping and they're shipped to you.
    what's the rating on your bushings? i might consider...wha'ts the lifeline on these? i don't want this shit hardening up after 2-3 yrs.

    Leave a comment:


  • themitchster359
    replied
    lol, well i daily it every freaking day, i have driven it 23k in one yr. i think im gonna go ie or bma. akg seems alittle much for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • slow e30
    replied
    what exactly is a "fun"car? i drive mine MAYBE 3 times a week... and when i do, oh baby i make it feel like a racecar. (red-line on the onramps, floor it through the no speedlimit area nearby and occasional soso drifto fun. so the 75a should be a good setup?

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by themitchster359
    fyi, i do autocross my car about 6 times a yr...and i don't necessarily mind a stiffer feel, but i dont want my car buzzing like crazy...
    then you'd want AKG 70a (softest) or IE. 75D is nearly solid like I said.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Oh and if you want, I have PowerFlex subframe mounts and diff mount left over. Brand new, in pouches. I was planning to put it up for sale soon. $140 plus shipping and they're shipped to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    From experience, IE.

    Had a thread going on all of this. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=133400

    Leave a comment:


  • themitchster359
    replied
    fyi, i do autocross my car about 6 times a yr...and i don't necessarily mind a stiffer feel, but i dont want my car buzzing like crazy...

    Leave a comment:


  • themitchster359
    replied
    Originally posted by whiltebeitel
    I'd lean towards AKG myself, not based on any real hard data, but just from handling IE and AKG parts. After riding in a car with polyurethane bushing in the back, it's not harsh, just connected. The rear is much more communicative.
    do you know what hardness you have with akg?

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    the AKG 70a bushings are softer than IE "green" subframe bushings, FYI.

    75D is pretty well solid. If it's mostly a track/fun car I don't think it would be a problem, but otherwise I would go for the 70a or the IE greens as a compromise.

    Leave a comment:


  • whiltebeitel
    replied
    I'd lean towards AKG myself, not based on any real hard data, but just from handling IE and AKG parts. After riding in a car with polyurethane bushing in the back, it's not harsh, just connected. The rear is much more communicative.

    Leave a comment:

Working...