Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake swap

any way to take the brakes n shit from a 86 535i to a 84 318i

for the front, you need to have custom brackets made. for the rear, tough luck.

in any case, no point. give it up.
    if you want to upgrade, you need to direct energy into a more logical route. evaluate your desired end result and make a path.
    for example, if you are planning on keeping the same engine in, then just refresh brake lines, good pads and rotors (if needed). you'd be surprised what this will do for you.
    if autocross, various HPDE's and preparing for an engine transplant, find some better struts and trailing arms from 6-cyl e30s. from there, you will be able to expand further.

Comment

You have a 318i, you don't need bigger brakes.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
      And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
        You have a 318i, you don't need bigger brakes.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

im swapping the m30 in. i need disc brakes. was also interested in 5-lug. the 535 is 5-lug

Comment

you havent been too specific though.
            doesnt matter if the brakes come from 3, 4, or 5 lug, just that the fronts could work if you made adapters. the rear, on the other hand requires you to replace the entire trailing arm because there is no way to mount calipers.

hit up the junk yard and find an eta or i and gank the TA's and front struts and hubs. you'll need the 2.93 diff from the eta and the half shafts too.

Comment

The answer is easy. No, you cannot swap the 535i brakes to the e30. Two totally different cars with totally different suspensions. You will obviously need more braking power with the M30 motor. You can swap the brakes/suspension from and e30 M3 (about $1800), from an e36 and.... damn, that subject was already covered, so many times.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Or go rear discs and Massive's Street kit up front.....
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  Or go rear discs and Massive's Street kit up front.....
                  Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that the early 318i even has mounting ears for calipers. It is also my understanding that the wheel bearings are smaller than on the later 318 and 325.

Basically, the OP will need to swap rear trailing arms from a 325, as well as differential and half shafts. The 318 has a small case diff and weaker halfshafts. That woud be the best time to weld camber adjusters on the trailing arms, then beadblast everythig and apply a fresh coat of paint.

Lee
                  Last edited by Massive Lee; 08-04-2009, 05:48 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

You are correct. However, I wanted the OP to actually have to search for some info!
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                    X