seized ball joints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seized ball joints?

So, I have been trying to get my ball joints off of my front struts for about 3 days now and I have had no luck. I've read my helms manual cover to cover and it hasn't helped me. I've been using a ball joint remover that looks like this:

Should I get a different tool?

if you tried a BFH id try a RBFH and some liquid wrench.

if your trying to get just the strut balljoint off its alot easier when the steering is straight. for me at least i couldnt get em out till i moved the steering around

Comment

yeah I tried turning the wheel but it didnt help any.

Comment

you would have a lot better lock w/ one of these...

///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I think I'm gonna get one of those tomorrow and try it.

Comment

PB Blaster is your friend.

Had the same problems with a friend of mine's e30 and I sprayed a good amoun of PB Blaster on it, tapped it with a hammer to help work it into the joint. I left it for abour 20-25 minutes and nailed it with a hammer. A good trick is to thread the nut on a few threads and hit the nut instead of hitting the joint itself. Unles you dont care.

Try that out and report back.

Taylor
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

another thing is to not use a deadblow or any hammer with a soft face, it needs the shock of metal to metal contact to break it loose.
              sigpic
              '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

yeah I have a claw hammer and a small sledge hammer that I've been using but it no worky. I'm so frustrated I want to set my car on fire.

Comment

try the tool I posted and you'll be a lot happier. They are magic
                  ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

lol i did the ball joints on my w201 i dropped the control arms off the car got a shit load of PB and a RBFH after hrs of fuckin around with a med size hammer, twenty mins later had both ball joint out and new ones back in...i really need a alignment now though :(
                    "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                      I'm goin to sears tomorrow to get one of those.

Comment

Working...
                      X