B90 Tool worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B90 Tool worth it?

Has anyone used the B90 tool for the rear wheel bearing? Also does this tool have the attachment to pull the halfshaft into the hub?

I've used it a few times. It does not have an attachment to pull the halfshaft into the hub, but the halfshaft should slip right in. Sometimes it takes a little coaxing, so you can place a piece of wood on the flange and tap it in with a hammer.

It makes the operation easy to perform while the trailing arm is still on the car.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

i just use a slide hammer and some willpower to get them out
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I used the wheel bearing tool from harbor freight last month to do my wheel bearings and it only took a couple of hours to do both sides. Definitely worth the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
          i just use a slide hammer and some willpower to get them out
          I used a 10lb slide hammer and it still dragged the nut accross the threads on the shaft.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

It's definitely worth it to rent it, check out the NJ BMWCCA toolbox and shoot Ken an email.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
            '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
            '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
            '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Working...
            X