Opinions on UUC Motorworks Rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on UUC Motorworks Rotors?

i have a 1990 BMW 325i and it needs new rear rotors...i figure might as well upgrade to something....

Are these any good?

Anyone have experience with these? Or should i just get some hawk pads and some brembo blanks?

I was thinking about buying a new set of rotors for front and rear with the hawk ceramic pads that they have as a combo... what do you guys think? Or is there another setup that's better value? thanks!

I have the slotted rear with the hawk pads, no complaints at all but they are just regular rotors with slots cut in them and coated so they dont rust out.

Comment

waste of money. Spend your cash on quality pads, fluid, and replacing old rubber bits, maybe rebuilding your calipers. If you like hard parking, then spend money on slotted/drilled rotors. Otherwise get the cheapest blanks you can find.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        waste of money.
        well said...i got them today...check it out

compared to what's on their site....

oh well...i'll put them on and see how they work...i got all 4 corners and they all have similar scratches and shit...
        Last edited by GOT8SPD; 02-20-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

wow UUC blows, that would definitely be grounds for you to return them and demand money back including shipping...hell ask them to pay you for a "handling" fee.
          sigpic
          '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

GREAT IDEA! I'll call them in the morning got charged $60.00 for shipping and handling (still cheaper than buying locally), but still...

Comment

Yikes. The UUC's I bought last year were machined on the friction surfaces so the coating wasn't there.

But yes, the coating came off with a fingernail touch. I'm going to buy some of that caliper paint to touch my rear blanks and coat the fronts, when I get my BBK installed up front.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

When you call tomorrow Rob will just tell you that the coating is supposed to be all over it and will come off the pad contact surface after a stop or two and will probably refuse to refund your money solely based on the fact that they rattle canned the rotor.

I have no doubt that the "coating" will come off as soon as pads are run over the surface but when you advertise it as "Plating: Multi-stage black plating resists unsightly corrosion on the rotor hub and unswept areas of the rotor face" that is complete bullshit. Unless there multistage process is wire brush, prime, rattle can, ship to unsuspecting buyer.
                sigpic
                '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

the finish on the rotor is meant to wear off. the coating is just a protectent to keep them from surface rusting in the werehouse. nothing to worry about on the scratches. you cant beat them for the price

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyVT View Post
                    Unless there multistage process is wire brush, prime, rattle can, ship to unsuspecting buyer.
                    LMAO....ill take some pics tomorrow after i drive it around for a bit. gotta go get the car smogged then come back home...install front rotors and pads, then install my new head unit and speakers

Comment

I have changed my mind on buying these.

Comment

wow, i was gonna buy these, but ended up going with brembo blanks instead... makes me happy i did.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's just a coating take some emery cloth and they will look just like the website ;)

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

yeah I'm not sure exactly what you guys were expecting here? bling rotors for a 4 bolt E30?
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              yeah I'm not sure exactly what you guys were expecting here? bling rotors for a 4 bolt E30?
                              Are you guys getting those bad ass Caliper covers from BavAuto to go with these?
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X