Leaking dot 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking dot 4

I am not sure if this is the right section to post it!?

Just replaced my MC car was working fine.

Now when i pump the clutch the fluid is leaking from the trans right by the fly wheel! Could this be from a bad clutch slave?

Any help please!!

That or a bad soft line. Get under the car and see where the fluid is coming from.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Yes, either slave or line to the slave. If you have a new MC, then you might have more pressure and that is why you see the leak. Only way to check is to check underneath.
      Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
      BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
        Yes, either slave or line to the slave. If you have a new MC, then you might have more pressure and that is why you see the leak. Only way to check is to check underneath.
        That's absurd. A new clutch master cylinder won't increase the system pressure.

Why was the master cylinder replaced? If it failed because of corrosion, the slave cylinder was likely just as corroded.

Comment

Originally posted by DJB View Post
          it possably can, at least over what a worn-out old MC was pushing. the piston seals leak ove time, and fresh ones leak less
          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by DJB View Post

Why was the master cylinder replaced? If it failed because of corrosion, the slave cylinder was likely just as corroded.
            First it was his MC, not his clutch master. Second, by the tech rule for all BMWs, when you replace master clutch, you need to do slave also. If the seals are weak with in the slave, more pressure on the lines will show a leak.

Comment

I was told it could be the seal at the trans? It this right?

why would it be leaking from the trans, right at the fly wheel where the holes are?

Comment

There is no brake fluid going in or out of the trans. So what you heard is wrong.

You need to follow the leak up. Might seem to be at the bottom but it can be above.

Comment

I agree with you! But all the fluid is coming out from in the trans. Maybe its leaking from about into the trans?

The lines seem fine. So it might just be the slave cylinder?

Thanks

Comment

It could be but sounds strange. I have seen the leak from from above the MC but under the fluid resorvoir and then it just does done the lines and FW. But you have an m50 correct, then I believe you have the resorvoir somewhere else. Maybe the clutch master is leaking. Also the hose from the resovoir going towards the clutch master can leak and also at the nipple where it connects to the clutch master....

It just hit me, while typing the above. My guess....Your internal boot/seal on the clutch slave is leaking into the clutch/flywheel area, right past the push rod. Remove the slave and check it. I have seen them go bad with a heavy duty bleed and weak seal.

Comment

Yes i have an m50. Its right where the holes are of the trans!

Also it is a very hevy leak! Everything will poor out in about 2mins.

Comment

I migth as well replcae the slave also if the seal is bad right ? IF this is the case.

Comment

You can just remove it to check it out. You dont have to rebleed anything when you install it. Just do not touch the push rod. If it is leaking, as you loosen it, it will drip.

That would be the first place I check, then work my way up.

Comment

Working...
                          X