No announcement yet.

Best Stainless Steel Brakelines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the TMS SS lines waiting to go on after I redo all the hardlines in the rear.
    Keep on Keepin' on.

Comment

Are the TMS lines teflon coated or have some coating on the outside? They seem to be the best bang for buck. Correct me if I'm wrong.
      Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Just as a sidenote. So called "DOT approved" brakelines are not really "approved". They are "DOT compliant" which is different. A "DOT compliant" brake line should have a sleeve over the braiding to protect it from abrasive dust (which can go thru the Teflon core), and should have that plastic sleeve under the fittings.
        Non- sleeved brakelines should be changed every few years even if they look good on the outside. You never know how chewed the Teflon core can be. Carbon dust is extremely abrasive and can quickly destroy Teflon lines. Add carbon dust to the friction of the stainless braiding, and imagine the results...
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Which lines have this "sleeve"? Are the TMS ones one of them?

Sounds like I should just get the OEM rubber hoses, lol.
          Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Some tech here : http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/brakelines.htm
            Check out the "What Are "DOT-approved" SS Lines?" section.

Comment

Just get stock lines and zip-tie them. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bala_eos View Post
                Some tech here : http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/brakelines.htm
                Check out the "What Are "DOT-approved" SS Lines?" section.
                There are three reasons to install stainless-steel brake lines:
                1. They look racy.

Comment

I had SS lines installed on one of my 914s a few years ago, and after only a year of use one of the fronts let loose on the I-5.
                  After that I only use stock lines on cars that see the streets. Yes the SS lines look really cool, but do you really need them for a DD???
                  Just a thought.

Cheers! :ohsnap:

Comment

Hey, i am selling ss brake lines here too...i make hydraulic/high pressure lines which includes brake, oil feeds, nitrous ect, so i know what im selling.

the first set is DOT-APPROVED, the second is DOT compliant.

the DOT approved set has DOT approved boots, and a PVC sleeve over the entire hose to protect the stainless braid from any damaging elements that would enter the braid to screw up the teflon line inside.

the second set is exactly the same, except the boots are just rubber shrink and they don't have the letters "D.O.T." on them.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I have blueapplesoda's SS brake lines and they are great! I would deff buy them again though it will prob be a long while before I need to because his lines are high quality!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the issue with the lines being DOT compliant or not really comes down to becoming a factor if you are in an accident where the brakes may be the cause. It's my understanding that if the Insurance company were to inspect the car after the accident and find brake lines that are not DOT compliant/approved, you are up a creek without a paddle.

Makes sense to me, can anyone verify this?
                        Originally posted by Simon S
                        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I just threw in some TMS SS lines with my order for H&R sports and Billy sports from TMS.
                          I'll report on them when I get them installed with new rotors, pads and fluid.

I had Goodrich lines on my autocross miata so I know what it's "supposed" to feel like.
                          '74 2002 - Build blog at
                          nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                          X