Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H&R/Bilstein sports, effect rear camber/toe too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real solution is what you already did: Urethane trailing arm bushings.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

For camber correction? How so?
      ~Rick | 1990 325iC ~Noelle - Her build/cleanup thread http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=179507

Comment

Because as worn rubber bushnings get loaded "diagonally" as in 2 or so degrees of camber, the rubber mushes farther, so when your actual static geometry has 2 degrees, you car can measure as high as 4 degrees, depending on how shot your bushings are.

Urethane bushings do not deflect as bad, if at all, so the geometry stays consistient.

This effect is more severe on "toe", which is the real culprit of crappy tire life. Toe, combined with negative camber scrubs tires to death.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Gotcha. Thank you!

I was reading a thread on s14.net about the IE camber kit, they said it only adjusts out .6 degrees, which in some cases isn't enough, and also due to the semi-trailing arm design, it changes the axis in which the bolts pivot on in relation to each other, that slack needs to be taken up by the bushings. Some said it didn't bother poly bushings, I just don't like that idea tho.

I decided to skip the $150 kit + cost to have it installed. From my research, H&R Sports are rather mild compared to some of the extreme suspension setups and even with the rear spring pads removed, it should not have a dramatic effect on camber/toe.

That leaves the only task that I need to have a shop to, is replace the rear wheel bearings. Trailing arms are out, I just don't have the special tool needed to do the job.
          ~Rick | 1990 325iC ~Noelle - Her build/cleanup thread http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=179507

Comment

Having done rear wheel bearings myself, I feel ya.

If you have the coin, have it done.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
            X