jurid pads ok?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    anyone....a good low-dust pad recommendation?

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    Guys...these pads are KILLING ME!!

    my rear Borbet C's look like they are gunmetal grey, while the fronts are still silvery (looks like I've been doing alot of burn outs and drifting lately).

    Thinking of going with a cheaper pad that's less dusty as I've never seen a car with darker rear wheels than fronts

    thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    There was definitely not enough info for me to deduce that.

    Here is a good article. Just bed in the new pads.

    http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
    Sorry brah, i meant to say rotors in a the previous post

    but thanks for the info :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    There was definitely not enough info for me to deduce that.

    Here is a good article. Just bed in the new pads.

    http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    Noob status!

    If you have new pads and old rotors, you either a) need to bed in the new pads, or b) machine the rotors.

    A is the preferred option, and probably what you'll need to do now.
    I metioned in the OP that the pads are new....

    not sure what to do now....pads seem to make less noise with the more pressure that's applied to the pedal.

    thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • Balleristic31
    replied
    Ahh nvm I was mistaken.
    It was the Hawk Blues not the HPS

    This thread is what i was thinking of when i asked

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    I've never heard of that issue. A buddy has ran HPS+ for a few years now. He is very active in auto-x and the car is his dd. He hasn't had a problem with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Balleristic31
    replied
    I think I've heard that the HPS pads are corrosive to wheel finishes?
    Is this true?

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by 2002maniac
    sounds like a bad idea to me. I would never want to sacrifice initial bite on the street. When you need your brakes the most, they're not there..
    That is exactly why I bought the HPS, I am quite satisfied with them so far, although, with that being said I did come from a setup where anything would be better.

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    Noob status!

    If you have new pads and old rotors, you either a) need to bed in the new pads, or b) machine the rotors.

    A is the preferred option, and probably what you'll need to do now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    holy crap these new brakes are squealing like a b*tch! Is there some break in period on these things? the noise is similar to when my dad replaced the brakes on our old 245 and they made oodles of noise!

    i also made sure to completely soak the new disks on both sides with brake cleaner prior to installation. I did not machine the rotors (as I was never advised to do so on new pads).

    Leave a comment:


  • chau
    replied
    Racing Brake just released some pads for the e30. They're reasonably priced. I'm running them on my car right now and they have a better initial bite compared to my friend's Hawk pads. You can get them http://www.shop.motorsportsperformancegroup.us/main.sc they also sell hawks too if you decide to go with the hawks

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by 2002maniac
    sounds like a bad idea to me. I would never want to sacrifice initial bite on the street. When you need your brakes the most, they're not there..
    That is kinda what I am feeling. I think I might try them on mine, see how they work in the rain. The freeways here are damn unpredictable.

    I just can't imaging Hawk putting anything shitty out, y'know?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2002maniac
    replied
    sounds like a bad idea to me. I would never want to sacrifice initial bite on the street. When you need your brakes the most, they're not there..

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    if there is a stop sign every block, you will be fine by the time you hit the freeway.

    it really is just the first time you hit the brakes. well.. if you travel for 20 miles on the freeway without touching the brakes and in the cold and wet, then suddenly have to really jam on the brakes it can be a bit... nerve wracking.

    Leave a comment:

Working...