Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything stock 325ic besides M3 offset CAB, how does that alter alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything stock 325ic besides M3 offset CAB, how does that alter alignment?

I have a complete stock 325i convertible. The only non stock convertible specific item is the E30 M3 offset control arm bushing.

I am getting an alignment tomorrow, does any part of the alignment need to be altered from spec 325ic alignment specification since I do have the m3 offset control arm bushing? Or do I just go in and ask for an alignment to the 325ic specification even though I do have those M3 offset control arm bushings installed?

The only adjustable factory installed suspension component is the tie-rods for the toe angle. I have H&R sport springs and M3 offset CAB's. The CAB's only affect caster. I measured 9 degrees of caster on each wheel which is on the high end of the factory spec. Everything should be just fine. Also if they charge more for a 4-wheel alignment then pay for the 2-wheel alignment as there is nothing to adjust in the rear (unless you have suspicion that things are bent or worn and you want to check them)

Comment

Just to make the car a little more fun to drive and help with wear, I'd tell them to set th front toe to 0°
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
      X