Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Pulls Right and Left..

Hey Guys,

I got a hold of a nice 318is a few month ago. Took me awhile to get it running the way I like it. It is finally time to attack another problem though. I've noticed that the car likes to pull right and left from time to time. Sometimes it pulls right and sometime it pulls left. Its ridiculous because its eating up tires like mad. Does anyone have any ideal what it is. The left front has slight play on the 3 and 9 o'clock. I have stressed a bearing issue but really don't think it is since there is no play on the 12 and 6.. Any issue would help. I also checked that bushing at the steering column. Seems solid still. Thanks!

Mark

Does the pull to one side or the other happen after a sharp turn in that direction? If so the odds are good that the upper strut bearings are binding.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

how are your control arm bushings?
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

When was the last alignment?

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          Does the pull to one side or the other happen after a sharp turn in that direction? If so the odds are good that the upper strut bearings are binding.
          Yes this happens. I looked at the bearing and it isn't in good condition. I shall replace asap..

Comment

Working...
          X