Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake hydraulic valve

4/1987 325is.

The valve under my master cylinder. Both solid lines run from the master cylinder into this valve then out to the ABS unit/pump.

1. What is it?
    -proportioning valve?
    -combination valve?

2. Any one know the part number?
    -I am sure it is number 7 in this diagram but realoem doesn't list a part number for my VIN(or any other random e30 model/year I looked through). It lists #5 but I'm certain that #5 is not installed on my car.

3. Will there be a drastic change in braking functions and feel if I remove it from the system and run the solid lines straight to the ABS unit?

I've searched on this topic, but to no avail.
    I'll get a pic posted in a bit...

Namaste

Last edited by badvibrations; 07-23-2011, 03:10 AM. Reason: I was drunk...

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

According to the ETM, # is a brake pressure regulator for vehicles exceeding 1700kg and would be used in place of #5. You will find #7 used only on non-US vehicles, which is why you didn't see a part number. The car must have a bias valve on the rear brakes or else you will experience rear brake lock up
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I tried looking at Euro e30's at realoem but they didn't list a number either for number 7. I just need to know where I can purchace one because mine is leaking.

Anyone?

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

I did see a part number for #7 on a euro e30, but I don't remember what year I used. Regardless, you can replace that part with a #5. You will need parts 5, 6, & maybe 9 on http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...53&hg=34&fg=15

Comment

The part that is currently installed on my car has 2 lines in and two lines out. The bias valve (#5) only has one in and one out....so i can replace the bias valve with #5 then run the solid line from the master cylinder(front brakes out) directly to the ABS hydraulic unit?

Comment

Two lines in and one out? That would not be part #7 in the above diagrams and to the best of my knowledge not be any part that would ever have come from BMW. The master cylinder only has two lines ourt of it. One or the front brakes and one for the rear brakes. The line that suppies the rear brakes has the bias valve.

Comment

Working...
            X