Massive BBK - pads squealing like a pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive BBK - pads squealing like a pig

I have tried everything. 3 different types of pads, 2 from wilwood, I am noew running greenstuff from ebc. Can't get them to stop squealing. I can't drive the car anymore. I have had it.

I just put on the greenstuff, which are supposed to the be the quietest. I put the wilwood shims on, and it actually got louder. Took it all apart, cleaned it added goop under the shims. I even added graphite pencil rods into carefully drilled tiny holes. no improvement.

I'm out of ideas. Please help.

300mm x 32mm 4x100 with superlite calipers.

because racecar.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

raze parts are loud

see if you can get Akebono pads i hear they are quiet.
      RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
      89' 318i

Comment

They are designed for hard braking, not light street driving. Im assuming they only squeak when you are lightly using the brakes? my wilwoods do the same.

Comment

Should have stayed stock if you dislike pad noise on race brakes

My advice is get a custom sticker that reads: "You think this car is noisy? you should hear me in bed!"
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
            They are designed for hard braking, not light street driving. Im assuming they only squeak when you are lightly using the brakes? my wilwoods do the same.
            The wilwood track pads are loud, no complaint there. the greenstuff is loud only when cold. they are super quiet when hot, altho they don't bite as well.

so, this isn't exactly kosher, but i drove in some small nails on each side of the pad between the pad and the caliper slides (it will be a pain to remove) and took the car for a spin... dead quiet! i got some noise after I warmed them up a bit, but that is acceptable, since that does not happen during street driving.

Should I leave the nails in or get them out?
            Last edited by emi; 07-30-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post

My advice is get a custom sticker that reads: "You think this car is noisy? you should hear me in bed!"
              The stock brakes suck!! the sticker might make the noise palatable. Actually putting the car to some good use on the track might help too. The brakes do work really well.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post

My advice is get a custom sticker that reads: "You think this car is noisy? you should hear your GF in bed!"

Need asap
                Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
                sigpic

Comment

the stock brakes are more than adequate for a street car.

Comment

300mm kit front and rear, Wilwood HP20 pads on the street, not a peep from the brakes.
                    1973 Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by emi View Post
                      The stock brakes suck!! the sticker might make the noise palatable. Actually putting the car to some good use on the track might help too. The brakes do work really well.
                      I rebuilt my stock calipers and put on OEM rotors and very good pads for my daily. It was amazing and did the job spot on! I also did SCCA for a season with that setup and was awesome!

I personally have the UUC BBK setup so I do know the difference in stock to race setups. If you wanted the bling factor you got it! but there is noise sometimes I guess. Not that I notice it with a gutted interior and all polly racing bushings xD

Good luck with figuring it out.
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                      X