4 point lower cross brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 point lower cross brace

Been looking around for a lower cross brace to stiffen up the front end. There were a few options but I felt they were all too much money for something so simple.

The choices are

race skids $279

mason engineering $325-350

oem e36 m3/ltw (not direct fitment) $172 new

ultra racing $144

unknown ebay seller $246

I went with the ultra racing unit because of the price, if the e36 part was a direct fit I would have used that instead. The ultra racing piece feels and looks sturdy enough to have the desired effect. I plan to install it this weekend will report back with fitment and stiffness comments.

how low does it sit, i'm sure the stance people would be scraping that all over the place. over over all it looks good.
    [PAKSIW]
    20D .........
    vmwerks :up:
    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

I don't have any ramps or a decent jack at my apartment otherwise I would be out there putting it on right now, it doesn't look like it will hang any lower than my raceskids skid plate (m42 version) or exhaust at the lowest point. I don't forsee any scraping issues, but im not slammed h&r race and billy sports. the tubing on this is flat/oval to reduce stack height you just cant really tell in the crap picture I posted.

Comment

encountered the first issue upon closer inspection, contacting the ebay seller to see what they have to say.

Whats wrong with this picture

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisbmx68;2680613]encountered the first issue upon closer inspection, contacting the ebay seller to see what they have to say.

Whats wrong with this picture

OP'S !! Alfanso wasn't paying attention in his welding class.
          [I

Comment

guess there is a reason Malaysian part = 144 and us part = more

Comment

super excellent brand

Comment

The ebay seller responded today (less than 24 hours) he apologized for the issue and said he would be willing to give me a partial refund or discount on another item. I simply asked him to double check the production jig and another bar or two in stock to ensure that the same defect will not be present for anyone else. Install will continue as planned this weekend.
                -chris

Comment

How do the rear bolts mount? just drill into the frame?
                  CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                  For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

it uses the 2 steering rack bolts in the front and one set of the control arm lollipop bolts.

Comment

Lower x brace

Originally posted by chrisbmx68 View Post
                      Been looking around for a lower cross brace to stiffen up the front end. There were a few options but I felt they were all too much money for something so simple.

YES, There is always a reason that the hi quality premium fabricated parts usually cost more $$
                      you get what you pay for
                      used food is less expensive than new food

race skids $279

mason engineering $325-350

oem e36 m3/ltw (not direct fitment) $172 new

ultra racing $144

unknown ebay seller $246

I went with the ultra racing unit because of the price, if the e36 part was a direct fit I would have used that instead. The ultra racing piece feels and looks sturdy enough to have the desired effect. I plan to install it this weekend will report back with fitment and stiffness comments.

Comment

BTW. as far as i remember ejknight will ship you a cross brace and a skid platye for 400 bucks.

totally a better deal than the rest of this stuff.
                        CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
                        For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

already have his skid plate. IMHO the ultra racing bar is still the only reasonably priced one aside from the e36 unit. My issue has been forwarded to the engineering department at ultra racing and hopefully they will not release any more with this defect. 400 bucks isn't a reasonable price in my mind. Coming from the vw scene the cost of aftermarket bmw parts makes my blood pressure rise. Also the availability of used aftermarket parts like this is nonexistent.

Comment

In for reviews from the test drive. I am building my own lower brace.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbmx68 View Post

For the price + ebay, I say f' it and use a spacer.
                              -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Working...
                              X