NEED brake help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED brake help

so the front brakes mainly the front drivers side is dragging on my 87 m5nv swapped e30 and at this point it has basicly worn the rotor completly away on the out most part,it start wearing unevenly i noticed at first, but now the whole rotor is trashed be it only 3 months old(replaced all brakes and rotors when car was purchased due to the fact it had warped rotors )
    does anyone have an idea or a clue as to what may cause this?? this whole situation is not helping my day..

Something is causing the caliper not to release. That could be from a binding caliper, a bad soft brake line, or a fault in the ABS unit. Start by rebuilding the calipers (or replacing them) and replacing the soft brake lines.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

what if its a fault in the ABS unit?

Comment

BMW calipers are floating calipers. You have to grease the guides from time to time. Or loosen them up when you swap pads. Or they are called caliper bushings.
        sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
        The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

note that the slot is worn away

you can see how its worn unevenly

notice the passenger side is not that way

Comment

the slider pins sieze up which prevents the caliper from moving evenly on both sides of the rotor. Clem em up on a wire wheel and clean out the insides of the caliper cradle where the slider pins sit. then be liberal with antisieze, check the little boots for holes, if they are torn or damaged replace them to prevent water and debris from pooching up your pins and sliders.

if your going at it rebuilding the calipers, might as well replace the brake lines with some ss lines and put new bleeders. ( PUT ANTISIEZE ON THE BLEEDER THREADS!!)
            my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

Working...
            X