Brake bleeding problems WTF!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake bleeding problems WTF!!

Ok so I just installed new rear calipers on my 87 325is and I go to bleed the brakes. I obviously start at the right rear and I then make my way to the left rear. Oh and BTW im using a Motive pressure bleeder for the job. I procede to the left rear and open the bleed screw...nothing comes out. I then took off the bleed screw and still no fluid comes out.
    The next step I took to try to resolve the problem was taking a small pick and loosening up any debri that was cloggin shit up. Turns out there was some crap blocking the hole, I broke it loose and fluid starts to leak out.
    I put the bleed screw back on but no fluid came out. Like WTF! Im really pissed right now. I dont really know what to do next.

I've had this issue before. Use air pressure to push the piston out a little bit. Chances are its all the way back and not letting fluid in there.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Comment

just pump the brake pedal a few times to push the pistons out. the 20psi in the motive is not enough to push the air out.
      marshall
      75 M2
      87 325
      97 m3
      02 325it

Comment

pump the brakes. definitely.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Yep it worked. Thanks guys

Comment

I had the same issue with the passenger front, the I manually bleed the system and had no issues.

Comment

Working...
            X