Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vorshlag vs. Ground Control (camber plates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vorshlag vs. Ground Control (camber plates)

What do you guys know about the pros and cons between Vorshlag and Ground Control for camber plates?

Ground control race -329$
    Vorshlag -419$

They both are quick adjustable for street/track settings- and they are both adaptable for all spring types.

I'll be running offset CABs with IE3 springs, adjustable rear subframe.

thoughts? experiences?

Links to both:

*edit, oops thought I was in springs/shocks section- mods can move if ya like.
    Last edited by ethirtydavid; 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM.

I don't know of any advantage of one over the other if we are talking GC (Spec E30) Race plates.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

My GC spec plates look almost identical to that Vorschlag plate.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        I don't know of any advantage of one over the other if we are talking GC (Spec E30) Race plates.

Suppose it's the difference between price if they serve the same function with equal strength/longevity.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^ this is what I am trying to prove or disprove. anyone ever use them?

Comment

I have the vorshlag plates I really like them. GC makes a kit for which you can get more caster.
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              My GC spec plates look almost identical to that Vorschlag plate.
              +1

Also, OP, you mentioned the GC Race plates, but you pictured (I believe) the touring plates...

These are the race ones:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I have Vorshlag on my AST 4210's on my E30 and GC Race on M Coupe.

Both are super nice pieces, can't say a bad thing about either of them. Vorshlag may run a slightly larger spherical bearing, marginal.

I would buy it as a package. I.e. you're going to get GC coils, get GC plates. If AST, get Vorshlag.

Or buy the cheaper ones, both are great.
                88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Ah, you're right, I originally meant to compare the touring GC vs Vors.
                  I suppose GC race is a better comparison, but only 10 dollars more than their touring plates.. I expect the race is the GC plate with greater caster adjustability

Theres another question, GC touring vs GC race for a daily with autox time.

Is there a disadvantage to using GC race plates(ie. too much caster)?

Comment

Oh I see race plates GC dont allow for stock diameter spring type..
                    Seems like the touring plates may be the best match for me. The money I save is about that of the alignment also.
                    I'll keep looking into it a bit. Good feedback so far, seems like these plates are pretty competitive with each other

Comment

Touring style don't rattle either. Race plates make noise street driving.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtydavid View Post
                        ..I expect the race is the GC plate with greater caster adjustability

Theres another question, GC touring vs GC race for a daily with autox time.

Is there a disadvantage to using GC race plates(ie. too much caster)?
                        GC makes a couple different camber plates. But yes on has a great deal of caster adjustment. I look at it this way the more adjustable the better.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        My Vorshlag plates were noisy until I greased them. Now quiet as all can be.
                        sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                        The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

;)

Comment

I am very happy with my ground control plates. I was really impressed by the quality of them and their ease of adjustment.

I always hear good things about the Vorshlag pieces too...all depends on how much you want to spend

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtydavid View Post
                              Oh I see race plates GC dont allow for stock diameter spring type..
                              Seems like the touring plates may be the best match for me. The money I save is about that of the alignment also.
                              I'll keep looking into it a bit. Good feedback so far, seems like these plates are pretty competitive with each other
                              Spec plates should use your stock upper spring hat with no issues...

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              My spec plates make no noise and I've been daily driving them for at least 2 years now.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                              X