X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved

Help me solve my problem!
    Thanks all.
    Last edited by Nick's e30; 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM.
    No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

My first thought is that the cut wire bundle isn't for the wheel speed or brake sensor. Both of those are two wire cables. The wheel speed sensor connects to the car under the rear seat. Off hand I don't remember what the routing is for the brake pad sensor. But that cable bundle doesn't look right for either. The video is shot too close to tell, are you on the left rear or right rear. The right rear and left front are the only ones with wear sensors.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

If you did I didn't catch it. Sorry.

Comment

The wiring fro the rear brake sensor is just a 2 wire cable. The one in your had is somwthing else. Might be for the diff speed sensor. Does your speedo work?
        Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
        BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

You need to trace that wire back to figure where it comes from. As others have stated, it is not the wiring for a wheel speed sensor or a brake pad sensor... Unless someone has done some serious hack work.

Comment

Nick, I have the same problem with my car. The old old owner cut the wires and had one grounded and another cut, it was a mess. I posted it as well but I got no help. I think I found the answer and will let you know tonight.

Comment

Well I looked in the bentley for the wiring diagram for the brake sensor and of course I got no where. Ever time it seems that I need help and look in the manual I always end up figuring it out for myself. Book is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by lotusing View Post
                Well I looked in the bentley for the wiring diagram for the brake sensor and of course I got no where. Ever time it seems that I need help and look in the manual I always end up figuring it out for myself. Book is worthless.
                For wiring diagrams, the Bentley isn't right resource. Use the factory ETM's that can be found at http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

Comment

I found the problem. My dealer friend said that all e30 have three wires. One of them is for wheels speed sensor.They have the wiring harness for damaged plugs like mine so I ordered it and when I get it I will now which wire goes to what.

Comment

It is the blue/green yellow/green front, blue/white green/yellow rear.

Comment

Originally posted by lotusing View Post
                      I found the problem. My dealer friend said that all e30 have three wires. One of them is for wheels speed sensor.They have the wiring harness for damaged plugs like mine so I ordered it and when I get it I will now which wire goes to what.
                      That doesn't match with any E30 I have ever seen.

Comment

I bought the plug that replaces the car side harness after some idiot decided to cut a wire to save a few bucks on a brake wear sensor. I had no idea what the wires where for but this make it clear.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X