EBC Greenstuff pads - who sells them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBC Greenstuff pads - who sells them?

Checked BMA, Bimmerworld, and Tirerack, and they all don't carry EBC.
    Who sells EBC for a good price?

Thanks
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

i think i got my redstuff from www.hmsmotorsport.com
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Google just pumped out several sites that sell them.

Comment

word on the streets is that they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
          well I've been reading up on which brake pads to get, and EBC Greenstuff seems to be the best. My criteria is a low-dust pad that performs the same or better than stock.

PBR Metalmasters: aweful reviews, said to chew up the rotors

PBR Deluxe: not an "upgrade" but downgrade from stock Pagid

Mintex Red: Very opposing reviews re: performance and dust. Some say they dust like a mofo where others say they are low-dust.

Hawk HPS, Porterfield RS4, Axxis Ultimates etc would be pads that I would like to try, but I really really can't stand the high amounts of brake dust. I'm running basketweave style wheels all year long, and they are such a bitch to clean.

I'm not sold on PBR and Mintex, but EBC seem to fit my criteria as well as have some good reviews to boost up my confidence in buying a set :)

Suggestions are welcome.
          ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Greenstuffs in no way suck.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac
              Don't know what street you are living on but I've been running them for years now and they are a good pad.

Not intended for the track but are great on the street. Low low dust. My wheels look like I have a brake bias problem because my rears (oem ate pads) are dirty while my fronts are quite clean.

James

Comment

Dust is inevitable with a performance street pad. It pretty much goes hand in hand with pad life.
                -Brandon
                '86 325es S50
                '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                  Dust is inevitable with a performance street pad. It pretty much goes hand in hand with pad life.
                  Yeah but my point was that the greenstuffs are a low dust pad whereas the OE ATE pads are very dusty due to there softness and high graphite composition.

James

Comment

I run EBC Greens on the front of my e34 and have no complaints. They are virtually dust free (as much as any pad I've run). I bought these a while back for my M3 and they were sitting on a shelf in my garage, found out they fit the e34 so I popped them on.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                    1989 325iC M50 Vert
                    1989 325i Coupe
                    1991 318is
                    1995 318ti Club Sport
                    2006 330i e90
                    2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

thanks for the comments.

So those of you that got the Greenstuff pads, where did you guys get them? Any retailers that sell Greenstuff pads also sell DOT-approved SS lines?

I really don't want to buy stuff from so many different places (i live in Canada, and shipping and duty etc is a hassle).
                      I'm picking up a bunch of stuff from BMA, but they don't carry EBC pads and their DOT-approved lines aren't cheap compared to Bimmerworld or TMS.
                      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
                        thanks for the comments.

So those of you that got the Greenstuff pads, where did you guys get them? Any retailers that sell Greenstuff pads also sell DOT-approved SS lines?

I really don't want to buy stuff from so many different places (i live in Canada, and shipping and duty etc is a hassle).
                        I'm picking up a bunch of stuff from BMA, but they don't carry EBC pads and their DOT-approved lines aren't cheap compared to Bimmerworld or TMS.
                        I got mine from Tirerack a couple of years ago.

These guys are in Canada but I've never dealt with them.

James

Comment

That's 4 months of dust in broad day light on polished lips... not bad if you ask me. Mintex Redbox.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

thanks for those pics.

Well I didn't want the hassle of ordering bunch of parts from different vendors, so I ended up ordering PBR Metalmasters.
                            I've seen both positive and negative reviews - for my purpose (street driving) they should suffice.

But after seeing those pics, maybe I should switch to Mintex Reds. But I have also read quite the contrary, that these pads dust like crazy.
                            ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
                            X