Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far forward (caster) are your front wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far forward (caster) are your front wheels?

I just measured and I have about 1.5-1.75" distance from the front valance. Is this normal? Seems a bit to close, from the back of the tire to the fender is 2.5". I am running stock 14" weaves on 195/65/14 falken 912's. I am planning on getting some treehouse racing eyeball control arm brackets, but considering I only have 1.5" with stock non-m bushings and lemforder control arms, I am having doubts.

Can anyone measure how close their tire is to their valance and also indicate what control arm and control arm bushing your running?

Front:

Rear of front tire:

Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

the offset arms aren't going to move the tire forward very much.

you have spacers or something?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Everything is stock. Stock weaves, with stock tire size, new lemforder control arms and non-m lemforder control arm bushings and new meyle tie-rods on both sides.
      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Comment

Results from the alignment I had done after everything was installed:

8.3 and 7.8 degree caster seems high for a stock setup doesn't it?

Comment

Maybe your valence is slightly bent back?
          The only way to move the wheel forward would in theory be different control arm bushings, a different control arm itself (its angle), subframe somehow moved.
          Caster on our cars can be changed by moving the whole strut/shock assembly forward or back by means of a camber plate, but this doesn't mean the wheel should move.

Comment

Working...
          X