Silence and IE, or Revshift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silence and IE, or Revshift?

On my dd, I installed some 90a subframe bushings, rtabs, and diff mount. They're much nicer than the old oem ones, but for my other car I want something a little more firm. My issue is, I can't decide between the 95a revshift kit and silence subframe/ diff mounts and ie rtabs.

I like the idea of having the diff solid mounted to the car, but I don't want to end up tearing through my subframe mounting locations or being too stiff for rough driving surfaces (winter car/ 2-3 rallycross days a year.) I would pair the solid mounts with 75a poly rtabs to give a little more movement in exchange.

I like the revshift kit because it should be similar to my dd, although the increase in stiffness my not be enough for the driving feel I'm going for.

Further confusing things are statements made by people about poly rtabs not allowing sufficient movement of the TA's compared to the stock ones. I'm not sure where I stand on that.

Any input welcome, buying bushings tomorrow regardless of which I choose.

Car in question is an 87 ix soon to have an hx35/40 hybrid if it helps with perspective.
    Last edited by Northern; 11-08-2012, 04:20 AM.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Personally I love my Revshift bushings. They were really easy to install and had great craftsmanship. However I have everything in 80A so I can't comment too much on the stiffness, but the 95A is almost as hard as steel. I've worked w/ Revshift a fair amount and I would suggest you actually call them up and talk to John. He really knows his shit and can help you figure out what your really looking for. They might even be able to make you something harder than 95A, but don't quote me on that.
    '87 5-speed 325is
    The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
    Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
    Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

I think I made up my mind on the revshift 95a ones. They seem to be the more sane option when compared to solid bushings, and I know what kind of feel they should give, so I know what I'm getting into. Also, they offer faster shipping. I want this thing on the road before it snows.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

im going to be getting revshift ones as well at some point.

Comment

I got the 80a revshift mounts and I think they will be great. They seem to be great quality. I will be daily driving the car and doing some auto-x on the weekends.

Comment

do these need to be pressed in to the subframe?

Comment

I put my silence ones in with a hammer and an old shirt (to not damage the bushings)
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I dont even get how sub fram bushings make a notible difference, wouldnt harder bushings just make the spring work harder?

Comment

Subframe bushings flex both during acceleration and turning. It has nothing to do with the springs. They make the car more predictable and stiffer.
                  The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                  2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

As someone who has dd solid bushings, I'm a fan. Definitely not for everyone, but when driving hard, there is nothing like it. I'm running Turner's solid aluminum subframe and solid diff bushings. I have nothing but praise for them.

Rallycross may be a concern though...
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                    X