brake pads with minimum brake dust! help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake pads with minimum brake dust! help

hey so i have done a bunch of searching and still cannot make up my mind... im looking for some brake pads for my dd that will have good stopping power with minimum brake dust.. i have white bbs and im tired of cleaning them ALL THE TIME. i relize i still will have too but im lookin for a brand that will at least help... any suggestions?

I bought Hawk HPS street pads after much research. I haven't installed them yet but believe they are the best stopping power-low dust and noise ratio pads.

Comment

I have Porterfield R4-S. Love them. A bit noisy when cold though.

Comment

+1 for the hawk hps pads.
        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

i have been leaning towards hawk hps pads... these seem to be most common

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
            I bought Hawk HPS street pads after much research. I haven't installed them yet but believe they are the best stopping power-low dust and noise ratio pads.
            Ugh. One of the worst pads I've ever driven on. Absolutely hated them. Honestly, I liked the Axxis Deluxes better - at least they didn't have a nasty tendency to crap all over the rotors.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
              Ugh. One of the worst pads I've ever driven on. Absolutely hated them. Honestly, I liked the Axxis Deluxes better - at least they didn't have a nasty tendency to crap all over the rotors.
              Crap on the rotors? Aren't they supposed to break in that way? Are you talking about hating them on the street or the track?

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                Yup, I had the hawks and hated them too. I'm running the Axxis pads now. They are low dust but they also don't stop as well as OEM pads. It's a tradeoff you have to deal with if you want low dust pads.

Nürburgring info

Comment

What about the HPS ceramic street pads?
                  The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Most High Performance Street pads will make less dust than OE pads and provide greater stopping power. But they will usually make noise.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Hawk hps were garbage. Bite absolutely sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                        Hawk hps were garbage. Bite absolutely sucks.

In a manner similar to race pads, HPS types need to get hot to have good performance. Once hot they work quite well. On the street HPS type pads may not get used often or hard enough to get heat into the pads.

The best choice for a street only car is OE or equal pads and a large jug of wheel cleaner. But if you can adapt to the lack of cold bite and drive the car in a manner to avoid the worst of that, an HPS type pad will reduce the dust level.
                        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I just never liked the feel of the hps pads. I drive my drift car around occasionally and to and from the track on dtc's and get better cold bite then I ever did with the hps pads.

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

hps pads are great, Not the most stopping power but there quiet and almost no dust
                            sigpic
                            benvideoproductions.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617yNrOrRfo&

Comment

Just weighing in...

I'm running pbr pads, they're fairly dusty.
                              - Josh
                              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                              Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                              X