Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I just get ripped off? Brake line install and brake fluid flush.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I just get ripped off? Brake line install and brake fluid flush.

I had a highly yelp rated bmw shop install stainless lines (6 piece) into my e30 and flush thr system with ate blue brake fluid. They charged me 280 labor and i was the one that supplied the parts and fluid..
    Last edited by nerdydorkus; 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM.

Sounds about right to me. What do you expect? For them to do it free? They should have quoted you the work before doing it.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
      Sounds about right to me. What do you expect? For them to do it free? They should have quoted you the work before doing it.
      Ok, maybe my guestimate was too conservative, i was thinking brake flush for 80 and brake lines an hour and a half of labor would be about 200 max. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Yeah that sounds pretty fair, especially if they do good work you can trust.
        1991 318i SOLD
        2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

bmw tax. Pay to play.
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

There is a reason a majority of people on the forum DIY that stuff. Also, from the mech's perspective, removing original brake lines from a 25+ year old car isn't exactly fun, even with the expensive Snap-On line wrenches.

Comment

The rear lines around the subframe can be very time consuming to swap out, often requiring dropping the exhaust or more if the lines are frozen

Comment

Doesn't seem that outlandish to me. BMW service is about 150/hour here though - you learn to do many things on your own.

Comment

Seems about right.
                  Originally posted by TSI
                  ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                  OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                    The rear lines around the subframe can be very time consuming to swap out, often requiring dropping the exhaust or more if the lines are frozen
                    Did you have them do these? Because they are a major pain in the waffles. If they indeed did, you got off cheap.
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

He said all 6....those upper rear ones are much easier on a lift, though.

Comment

Thats kinda cheap. Lets assume they charge $80/hr like most places. Flush is about an hour of work and usually requires 2 people to do it right. 4 easy lines lets say 20 min each so thats 80 min = ~$106. Now you have two brake lines from HELL. Two rear lines around subframe are major pain the behind. Those can requir over an hour EACH if not more. Remember, this is 20+ year old car.

We once spent 2 hours trying to remove one rear line before giving up.
                        My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

I feel much better now... Hahah! Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X