What track pads to run on mostly street driven setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What track pads to run on mostly street driven setup

I know the title sounds kinda silly but my friend is looking for a pad that will work well on his LS1 swap car. Car is not a track car but gets driven very hard, the stock pads already struggle durring really aggressive driving and with the added weight and speed of the LS swap he is looking for race pad performance that will still work on the street. I had first thought hawk HPS but they don't work well after they heat up. HP+ seems like it would be a good choice but sounding like a school bus while you stop isn't that fun. So what are you guys running?
    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Stoptech
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Stoptech pads are mediocre at best.
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
        Stoptech pads are mediocre at best.
        I've heard mixed reviews on stop tech pads as well is there a particular reason you have though? I've never used them personally.
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256

Comment

I'm not sure there are many quiet race pads out there, especially in the rest of Hawk's lineup. Maybe try out some Hawk HT-10 and turn the stereo up louder.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

PFC06 is not squeaky in my experience, but they're a bit expensive to run on the street. Real nice pads though.

I have HP+ in mine and it's a bit embarrassing around town.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              PFC06 is not squeaky in my experience, but they're a bit expensive to run on the street. Real nice pads though.

I have HP+ in mine and it's a bit embarrassing around town.
              I'll have to look at the PFC06's I've heard good things about them just don't know how they would work on the street, and I know exactly what you mean with the HP+ most people think it sounds like your brakes are fucked and give you funny looks. Would like to avoid that if possible but that was the only complaint I've had with HP+
              Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
              Bimmerbuddies LLC
              717-388-1256

Comment

I have no complaints about the PFC's at all. cold, hot, anything. They put other pads to shame.

We've done four or five endurance races on a set and can easily get two or three more out of the fronts. The rears are at like 60%.
                cars beep boop

Comment

I run the PFC06's on my track car and they take a couple hard stops to heat up, just something to consider. Really good pad for the track but dont know how they would be on the street.

I ran the HP+ on my subaru all year around, on and off the track and found them to be the perfect dual-purpose pad. You get used to the squealing lol

Comment

I have Hawk HPS I pads and like them a lot. They do get squeaky for a while after they get hot (aka a track day) and are really dirty pads but they work alright in town but they work awesome on the track.
                    "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo

Comment

Hawk HPS are crap on the street. when i went back to stock i was so happy even with the extra dust.....
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

does the squealing get better, same or worse with sloted discs?
                        ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

Working...
                        X