Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge issue bleeding manual brakes

Alrighty,

Only a couple days left till berlin klassik on sunday and my brakes are holding my car back (no pun intended). Im really hoping someone can make me look stupid and help fix the issue.

So, i bought the booster delete kit from MASSIVE brakes. Put everything together as the instructions told me to, no issues there.I had to make a couple new brake lines because of the new placement of the master cylinder. The 2 front lines were fully redone. The passenger front was ran through the tranny tunnel to hide it (shaved bay stuff). The drivers front was ran directly to the calliper. Now, the rear line originally was ran off the original prop valve which i just deleted hoping it would fix my issue. Still with no luck. I also just replaced the master with a brand new ATE master. And i bench bled it till there was no air.

Anyways, even with the new master i'm still getting ZERO pedal feel. Yet if i open the bleeder and slowly push the pedal it gushes out. Also if i pump the pedal and hold it it will gush out the rears but not so much the front.

If anyone can help me out that would be amazing, Im basically ready to try anything.

Thanks
    sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Its going to take more than a few pumps to bleed the rears. Are you sure you've bled the whole system (which you need to do)?

Comment

And make sure you have started from caliper furthest first in bleeding order

Comment

When you made the front lines, are you sure you didn't accidentally kink the lines somewhere?

Comment

1) Is there freeplay at the pedal ?

2) If you compress the piston in one caliper, does it push fluid back up into the reservoir ?
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Yep im pumping it many times and from the farthest. Fluid actually comes out after pumping but the pedal feel stays the same. And yea ive bled the entire system many times. Ive used probably 4 bottles of fluid.

I might try and pressure bleed it today and see if that does anything.
            sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Comment

What do you mean zero pedal feel? I used the massive booster delete and my better feels "softer". More realistically, it's a much longer pedal.
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
              X