Recommendations on bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
    Lol, I imagine factory cars use rubber bushings because of ride quality and the bean counters...
    And because rubber is silent. I knew going in my car would creak because of the urethane but it is a little weird. I hear shit creaking and it makes me feel like my car is old.

Imagine how many people would bitch constantly about suspension noise...
    - Josh
    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
      And because rubber is silent. I knew going in my car would creak because of the urethane but it is a little weird. I hear shit creaking and it makes me feel like my car is old.

As someone who has mostly solid components in his suspension, it really isn't that bad.

But the average joe would hate it...
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

You have to lube polyurethane upon installation. We include teflon prelube with all of our bushings. When the lube is used the bushings don't squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post

Sorry, but squeaky bushings are most often linked to poor lubrication to whomever put them in.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
            You have to lube polyurethane upon installation. We include teflon prelube with all of our bushings. When the lube is used the bushings don't squeak.
            I have your bushings and used every drop of lube that was in the box.

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
            Sorry, but squeaky bushings are most often linked to poor lubrication to whomever put them in.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307380
            I did the install and covered every contact point with lube. They were quiet for a while and got louder over time. Right now in the 30° snowy weather they are quiet but on 100°+ days in the summer they made noise.
            - Josh
            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Ok, so the pros are gonna have to confirm this since I didn't use poly stuff too often, but when I used to work at a shop I would use a very generous amount of caliper grease when installing bushings - StaLube synthetic to be specific.

The jar says it's rubber and plastic safe since it doesn't have any silicone, but I have no idea if the stuff is actually good for poly bushings or not... I guess Ski and John will have to confirm this.

All I know is that I never got any comebacks for squeaky bushings after I started using this stuff :pimp:

Comment

Most people use silicone grease with poly bushings.

You need to reapply grease over time as it will wear out so to speak. Keep them greased and they won't squeak.

Comment

Wow, Im suprised- as a vendor yourself going out on a limb throwing your opinion out there in this manner.

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
                  SkiFree has is right.

UMHW has very poor compression set. This means that when it is deformed it does not return to its original shape and size. If you hit UMHW with a hammer it will dent. Most types of polyurethane used for automotive bushings have good compression set characteristics which means they return to their original shape after being deformed. Hit polyurethane with a hammer, no dent!

The 75D polyurethane that we use has a higher tensile strength than UMHW as well.

As was said before, UHMW is cheap and easy to machine. It is a poor choice for automotive isolators because it has poor physical properties. You can search the internet for general physical properties of both materials and see for yourself. The scientific data doesn't lie.

Just to be clear, what I am saying is not brand marketing. I just want to get the facts straight. I like polyurethane for a bunch of reasons. I think it is a great material for aftermarket mounts and bushings.
                  Last edited by Jonny Cash; 12-18-2013, 04:36 PM.
                  -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                  2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

I'm going to go with condor everything in the next couple of weeks. I already have the power steering delete and i love it. I have heard great reviews about all the bushings. I don't care about vibrations, it just adds to the feel of driving an e30.

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                    http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                      Wow, Im suprised- as a vendor yourself going out on a limb throwing your opinion out there in this manner.
                      None of what he said was an opinion, it was all fact. You can't argue with what he is saying.

Comment

Don't troll me.
                        As if these "scientific tests" had any relevance at all to the application...
                        The products speak for themselves.
                        The condor products are tested by us in extreme conditions,
                        Meaning we actually race. And not just the condor team, but our whole region...
                        Nothing is put onto the market before being tested for longevity on track (multiple seasons)
                        Not to mention, not one single failure.

You see we don't have to bash anyone else's products.
                        That's bad form, and just makes you look desperate.
                        Just read the reviews, case closed.
                        -Jay

Comment

Lol, getting butthurt and defensive is definitely worse than business trashtalk in the eyes of consumers (at least imo)

Also, this thread is turning into a "buy my shit" war instead of the "well I use X and I like it" thread it's supposed to be... so yeah.... if we could get back on topic that would be great.

Comment

oh yea, sure pal. Right away.
                            We are totally on topic, and this comment needed to be addressed. Because you would never hear any bashing of a fellow company like this on CSS's behalf.
                            -Jay

Comment

Nobody is bashing condor... They're talking about structural properties of materials.
                              - Josh
                              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Can't speak from a engineer standpoint but I run all condor mounts and bushings on my drift car without issues. Car also sees some street abuse because I have no truck or trailer so I drive to and from tracks as well as the occasional drive around.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
                                -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Working...
                                X