CA bushing not all the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA bushing not all the way

I overhauled the front suspension of the car, CA, bushing and tie rods. I bought solid bushings the driver bushing went all the way in, but when I install the passenger side, I hammer the bushing-lollipop onto the control arm, but when I go to attach the lollipop to the frame, it comes out a little, like the picture above. Control arm is all bolted in. Did I forget something? My steering is kind of loose now, even with new tie rods.. :(

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Last edited by apiazza2010; 02-10-2014, 02:10 PM.
    LS1 91 325i - BC Coils, e46 m3 brakes,style 32 17x9, Red Plastidip, H/C/I

Unless you got it aligned after the new tie rods you most likely have a toe issue going on which is causing you light steering.

-NICK

Comment

Ok that makes sense, but would that cause the bushing issue too?
      I want to make sure the bushing is in right before I get an alignment done.

Comment

Anyone that installed the solid bushing had the same fitment ?
        Thanks
        Last edited by apiazza2010; 02-10-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Did you contact Condor with your issue?
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I emailed them today. I doubt it has to do with the bushing itself. I am going to take some mesurements under the car today and see if everything is symmetrical. I hope its no something serious like frame damage...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

If your control arms are different brands, there could be casting differences making them look different.

Comment

Control arms are both brand new lemforder from pelican. I was just under the car and took some measurements and everything looks fine. Could it be that when taking the lollipop out of the control arm I twisted it too much, thus bending it?

Comment

The lolis are hard to bend, but I've seen bent ones.

Comment

should i just get an alignment and see what the numbers come up? or am I wasting my money?

Comment

I highly doubt you bent anything taking things apart. When you put the bushing on, did it slide all the way on, then slide back off slightly when bolted up?

Comment

Yes that is exactly what happened. I used a mallet and it went all the way in, then backs out a little bit

Comment

Go get an alignment. if all is within spec, you're good! :)

Comment

You didn't need to edit out the Brand name :) We stand by our products, so if there are any issues because of us, we will be happy to take care of it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392668129872.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	7164315
                              Everything turned out great, car handles like a dream, going to get the rear busing in when I have time. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X