E30 Street BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Street BBK

I'm looking to balance my turbo e30 with a bbk. I've been looking at Massive's kits and IE's 310mm kits. Of all the bbk's, what is the best option for street, autox, track use? Also, is it necessary to upgrade the brake master cylinder? I'm sure this thread has been covered, but there are new kits out there (catuned, etc.) and it's nice to update information.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DirtyMaxTJ; 08-23-2014, 11:35 PM.

No need to "upgrade" the MC unless you converted to manual brakes.

Not to say that IE doesn't have nice stuff, but everything I've seen from Massive has been top notch.

As far as the whole street/autox/track question goes, pads are the real factor there. Can't remember if IE's stuff comes with pads, but I don't think Massive's kits do.

Comment

As mentioned in the link from a couple days ago they are both excellent kits.

Last edited by SkiFree; 08-25-2014, 08:39 PM.
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I like my IE 310 kit. I've cooked afew sets of brakes (zimmerman cross drilled with ceramic pads, e36 m3 5 lug swap, RX-7/corrado BBK) on downhill canyon runs. I have yet to do so on this kit.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm very happy with my Massive 300mm (Sport) BBK. It fits under my 15" TD 1.2 wheels, and braking performance is outstanding with Hawk HT-10 pads. I only upgraded the fronts, so no changes to the MC or proportioning valve were needed. I'm sure Lee @Massive can answer any detailed questions you have.

Graham
          sigpic
          1988 325ic
          1988 325is (track car)
          1985 528i euro

Comment

Originally posted by gbouton View Post
            I'm very happy with my Massive 300mm (Sport) BBK. It fits under my 15" TD 1.2 wheels, and braking performance is outstanding with Hawk HT-10 pads. I only upgraded the fronts, so no changes to the MC or proportioning valve were needed. I'm sure Lee @Massive can answer any detailed questions you have.

Graham
            That's the one I was leaning towards. I appreciate all of the replies! I'll probably pull the trigger on one of Lee's kits shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by gbouton View Post

Graham
              I was just going to order some HT-10 pads. Are you using them for the street? And how do you like them? Noisy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stvstr View Post
                I was just going to order some HT-10 pads. Are you using them for the street? And how do you like them? Noisy?
                Most of the use is on the track, but I haven't noticed any excessive noise on the occasionally street use. After a few track days, pad wear has been minimal and haven't had any fade issues at all.

Graham
                sigpic
                1988 325ic
                1988 325is (track car)
                1985 528i euro

Comment

I used e46 325/328i brake setup on 15x7 wheels
                  [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm using the uuc bbk, with hawk pads front and rear and am in love with it.
                    I did have to "adjust" the anti rattle clips to stop them squeaking which was a design fault no question, and absolutely needs refinement. But but fixing this is a minor inconvenience compared to the huge improvement in braking both on track and street.

On track I was genuinely amazed at the improvement over stock. Daily driving there is a noticeable improvement in brake progression even just cruising around, they don't feel too harsh or aggressive like I expected from a bbk.

I like that they are a direct fit caliper (no adaptor) and seem to offer the best clearance for small wheels. (Though I'm sure massives street kit has similar clearance)

I've not driven a massive or IE kit, but I have been very happy with the uuc kit and would recommend it for sure.
                    I'm sure they would all offer similar performance advantages, uuc just happened to be in the right place at the right time for me.

R.H.D
                    M-technic I club

Comment

Any one use ca tuned bbk?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        Any one use ca tuned bbk?
                        Bump! Maybe some one has any feedback now?

Comment

Working...
                        X